Original source and edit.com

  • Oto1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23, 2011
      Good moorning, i would to know where are the original source code (no user modified), and i have a problem.

      i use cncpro from a floppy disk, with a CNCPRO directory.
      the EDIT.COM command is both in CNCPRO dir and in \ dir, and PATH is
      C:\, but when i ask CNCPRO for edit a program, it don't work, there is a window that says me "CNCPRO run both E and EDIT, and need the PATH is set whawhawha".

      what can i do?
    • Rich Dean
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23, 2011
        Oto1 wrote:
        > Good moorning, i would to know where are the original source code (no user modified), and i have a problem.

        What OS?
        Are you actually running in DOS? NO Win DOS-box.
        RichD

        > i use cncpro from a floppy disk, with a CNCPRO directory.
        > the EDIT.COM command is both in CNCPRO dir and in \ dir, and PATH is
        > C:\, but when i ask CNCPRO for edit a program, it don't work, there is a window that says me "CNCPRO run both E and EDIT, and need the PATH is set whawhawha".
        >
        > what can i do?
      • whampoo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2011
          --- In CNCPro@yahoogroups.com, "Oto1" <maxy0440yxam@...> wrote:

          > Good moorning, i would to know where are the original source code (no user modified), and i have a problem.
          >
          > i use cncpro from a floppy disk, with a CNCPRO directory.
          > the EDIT.COM command is both in CNCPRO dir and in \ dir, and PATH is
          > C:\, but when i ask CNCPRO for edit a program, it don't work, there is a window that says me "CNCPRO run both E and EDIT, and need the PATH is set whawhawha".
          >
          > what can i do?

          I sent a reply to you question but I guess it was emailed to you so I am posting the answer in the forum as well

          If your running from a floppy is this your only drive available? If not you will need to add the floppy drive letter to your path. I would hope you have a hard drive and that is your c:\ drive which would make your floppy either A:\ or B:\ . If this is not the case and you only have a floppy it would still not be the C:\ drive. so add the <floppy drive letter>:\CNCPRO and also the root of the drive to your path this should fix the problem with the system not finding the program. The system can't find it on the C:\ drive which is correct its on the floppy drive.
          hope this helps
          Joel
        • skullworks
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2011
            Change your path to:

            Path=A:,C:\

            --- In CNCPro@yahoogroups.com, "whampoo" <joelkimball@...> wrote:

            > --- In CNCPro@yahoogroups.com, "Oto1" <maxy0440yxam@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Good moorning, i would to know where are the original source code (no user modified), and i have a problem.
            > >
            > > i use cncpro from a floppy disk, with a CNCPRO directory.
            > > the EDIT.COM command is both in CNCPRO dir and in \ dir, and PATH is
            > > C:\, but when i ask CNCPRO for edit a program, it don't work, there is a window that says me "CNCPRO run both E and EDIT, and need the PATH is set whawhawha".
            > >
            > > what can i do?
            > >
            > I sent a reply to you question but I guess it was emailed to you so I am posting the answer in the forum as well
            >
            > If your running from a floppy is this your only drive available? If not you will need to add the floppy drive letter to your path. I would hope you have a hard drive and that is your c:\ drive which would make your floppy either A:\ or B:\ . If this is not the case and you only have a floppy it would still not be the C:\ drive. so add the <floppy drive letter>:\CNCPRO and also the root of the drive to your path this should fix the problem with the system not finding the program. The system can't find it on the C:\ drive which is correct its on the floppy drive.
            > hope this helps
            > Joel

          • Oto1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 26, 2011
              Solved: cncpro runs EDIT.EXE, not EDIT.COM.
              i change the name, and all work.

              but... the sources? :)
            • a_b_aldus
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
                --- In CNCPro@yahoogroups.com, "Oto1" <maxy0440yxam@...> wrote:

                > Solved: cncpro runs EDIT.EXE, not EDIT.COM.
                > i change the name, and all work.
                >
                > but... the sources? :)

                I got (slightly different) sources from different places - some
                are this group files. But why do you need sources for this particular
                problem? If you are unhappy with utility name change then you could
                simple patch the executable of CNC-pro (look for some hex editor, I
                would suggest HIEW).

                If you address me directly I could resend you sources I found.

                Arcady