CAD-2-CNC still out there somewhere?

  • Mark Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2003
      Hi All:

      I am building a CNC router from HobbyCNC plans and will be finished
      soon. I have seen a copy of CAD-2-CNC I downloaded from Dave at
      HobbyCNC.com, but it does not save files larger than a few lines. I have
      written the author 2 times with no response and no bounced back emails
      telling me the email address is no good. As the info file attached to
      the CAD-2-CNC file still has an licensing information indicating Deutch
      Marks for payment, I am wondering if the author no longer sells the
      program or just no longer supports it. It appears to be a good program
      for my needs. Anyone out there know if it is still being sold or how I
      can register it so I can break the line limit? Any suggestions on
      inexpensive substitutes for CAM software that will take my DXF file and
      convert it to Gcode? I am a real newbie at this...

      Mark
    • Garry Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2003
        Mark,

        I have a Hobby CNC machine also. I use Mach1 on a P233 with 128meg of ram
        from ArtofCNC..

        I think its about a $100 but it is money well spent. Great support from the
        author, and a great newgroup also. There is a slightly lower end product
        from the same author Master5 . Both programs will convert DXF, HPGL, and
        Bitmaps to GCode..

        Give it a try I think you will like it.
        Good luck

        Garry

        http://www.artofcnc.ca

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2003
          Message
          Thanks Garry! I know the website but was unsure about the program. With your recommendation I'll give it a look. Thanks again!

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2003
            --- In CNCFoamcutters@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Roberts" <mark@f...>
            wrote:
            > Hi All:
            >
            > I am building a CNC router from HobbyCNC plans and will be finished
            > soon. I have seen a copy of CAD-2-CNC I downloaded from Dave at
            > HobbyCNC.com, but it does not save files larger than a few lines. I
            have
            > written the author 2 times with no response and no bounced back
            emails
            > telling me the email address is no good. As the info file attached
            > the CAD-2-CNC file still has an licensing information indicating
            Deutch
            > Marks for payment, I am wondering if the author no longer sells the
            > program or just no longer supports it. It appears to be a good
            program
            > for my needs. Anyone out there know if it is still being sold or
            how I
            > can register it so I can break the line limit? Any suggestions on
            > inexpensive substitutes for CAM software that will take my DXF file
            and
            > convert it to Gcode? I am a real newbie at this...
            >
            > Mark

            Don't forget AceConverter from Yeager....it's a free dxf/G-Code
            converter and works great!
            http://www.yeagerautomation.com/price.htm