Re: [CMT-Support] question about disability

  • Ernie's Mail
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2007
      With out looking it up, I believe they have 90 days to notify you in writing
      as to the decision of the judge. I believe they have up to another 60 days
      to start sending you your money. If your back pay is a very large amount,
      they can split that up in payments over the first few month. The information
      should be somewhere on the paperwork they gave you.

      In my own case, we struck a "deal" just before the court hearing and I got
      my notice in 3 or 4 weeks, and my money in another 2 weeks, including all my
      back pay.

      Hope this helps some...

      Ernie

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2007
        Sue....it seems the time frame varies as many here have posted.

        here is a # you can utalize and ask the SS representative, on any claim
        related question.

        1-800-7721213 Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm...although it dod not
        state what time zone this may be related to.

        Recalling I signed my papers in October, received a notice of my
        disability being approved and what the back amount would be in
        November and the final check did not begin until January.

        This of coarse was after seeing what is called a judge..in Pa..who was
        a docotor qualified by the SS department, to review my medical records
        and do the interview.

        The best to you!
        Dawn