Movie suggestions for movie night

  • Patrick Zak
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12 11:25 AM
      Hi Todd,

      Here are a few suggestions for movie night that people have made. If anyone has other suggestions, please provide ASAP.  We are looking for PG movies under 120 minutes (close to 90, if possible).

      As discussed at the dad's club meeting, please come up with three movies and present to Mr. Garcaia so that he can get the kids to vote on them.

      Percy Jackson - The Lighting Thief
      Akeelah and the Bee
      Pursuit of Happyness (rated PG13)
      Rango

      Thanks, Patrick
    • Patrick Zak
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2011
        The Dads' Club is moving forward with a movie night scheduled for January 27th to be held in the Gym.

        We need to select a movie -- hopefully by the end of this month  -- so that we can advertise it and try and get a good turn out.  We are looking for something PG and under 2 hours.

        Here are some suggestions from last time:

        Remember the Titans
        Napoleon Dynamite
        Megamind
        October Sky
        Percy Jackson

        Please make some suggestions for movies you think the kids would be interested in or let us know if you like one of the movies listed above.

        Thanks, Patrick

      • paul kagiwada
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
          I think Percy Jackson would be good. Napoleon Dynamite is great but is it too mature? Do we need to be mindful of younger siblings or should we just aim for the Claremont kids and let parents decide for the sibs? If the latter, maybe Megamind, but I'm not sure how appealing that would be for the 8th graders.

          Other ideas:
          - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
          - Gulliver's Travels
          - Rango
          - Soul Surfer

          PG-13 (I haven't seen any of these, so I'm not sure how appropriate they are)
          - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
          - The Green Hornet
          - I am Number Four
          - Super 8

          -Kag

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 17, 2011
              We should have a Dad's Movie Night where we preview the runner ups.

              I never got Akela and the Bee back after the last movie night.

              Sam

              Not sent from an I Phone or Blackberry
            • Patrick Zak
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 18, 2011
                Thanks for the suggestions -- it is a bit difficult to find appropriate movies because we do get younger siblings and I think we need to keep that in mind.

                Does anyone have the copy of Akeelah and the Bee from last time -- we need to get it back to Sam M.