Playathon

  • Brian Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2013

      Hey Dads,

      This Friday after school is the playathon for the music department, and I need to find out who can be there for a shift.

      Jobs include:

      Help moving chairs, stands and percussion from the band room to BART.  From about 2:30 to 3:30 when it begins.

      We can use a few people to be there during the event to generally help keep the event supervised and to collect donations and to support the kids.

      During the event some students will be coming for their portion or leaving after they are done.  We could use a band room monitor to supervise students in the band room while the rest of them are at BART.  There will be Joshi’s Jazz Class going on from 3:15-4:30 in the band room, and Brenda Reeves has offered to do a shift until about 5:00.  So there’s more of a need from 5:00 until the end of the event.

      Then finally there is tearing down and returning the chairs, stands and percussion to the band room.  I don’t have precise times on this because I don’t know yet how late 100 songs will go.  Mr. Nemoyten guesses that it will end approximately around 6-630, but it could go later, so be prepared for that possibility.

      Please email me back to let me know if/when you can help out.

      Thanks,

      Brian Rice