FW: Splash

  • Carroll Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.2 MB

    From: Kristofer Brekke [mailto:brekkebros@...]
    Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 10:40 PM
    To: ClaremontBoosters@yahoogroups.com; 'dads club'

    Subject: Splash

    Hello All,

    Please help get the word out.

    As they have for the past four + years, Stanford has managed –once again - to find monies to provide transportation, lunch, and admission to the Splash Weekend Event held at Stanford.

    It is a gift of $4500. Let us take advantage of this wonderful offer.

    This is not an overnight; transportation is to and fro -Claremont to Stanford, Stanford to Claremont- on Saturday, April 13th, and Sunday, April 14th; the bus leaves at 8:00am and returns after 6:00pm.

    I have received permission and enthusiastic support from the Co-Principals Richardson’s.

    Percy Foster and a to be determined teacher will be the liaisons for CMS. Now I need parent volunteers to provide registration assistance.

    Is there anyone available at 3PM to help register kids for Splash?

    We will be in the Claremont Media lab, signing students up after school. It doesn’t take too long; Monday, March18th,

    Tuesday, March 19th, Wednesday, March 20th.

    As we get closer, chaperones will be needed.

    It is a fantastic weekend.

    Splash! It's at Stanford!!

    Splash is a weekend marathon of fun and exciting classes, and Stanford University has arranged free transportation, admission and lunch for Claremont 7th and 8th graders. Claremont 6th

     Graders need special recommendation

    The event takes place Saturday, April 13th, and Sunday, April 14th.

    Would you like to learn about the expanding Universe, how to Tango, how to be a smart shopper? The classes and opportunities are endless at Splash!

    Students can see amazing demonstrations, debate controversial issues, discover new talents, explore the mysteries of life and the universe, and learn how to be successful. You might belly dance, play lacrosse, cook Indian food, make ice cream with liquid nitrogen, investigate how your brain works, conquer your fear of public speaking and much, much more! Register online to get the best courses http://www.stanfordesp.org./

    Parent Volunteers needed to help children register after school in computer lab.

    To learn more, check with Percy Foster or Kristofer Brekke 510.658-4056 or 274-0688.

    Thank You,

    Kristofer Brekke

    (510) 274-0688