Dads Club Meeting, 3/6/2013, 6:30 pm

  • CMSDadsClub@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Reminder from: CMSDadsClub Yahoo! Group

      Title: Dads Club Meeting

      Date: Wednesday March 6, 2013
      Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
      Location: McNally's Pub
      Notes: Look for us in the back room at McNally's, 5352 College Avenue, near the Rockridge Library. Socializing starts at 6:30pm, and the meeting runs from 7-9pm.

    • CMSDadsClub@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2013

        Date: Wednesday March 6, 2013
        Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
        Location: McNally's Pub
        Notes: Look for us in the back room at McNally's, 5352 College Avenue, near the Rockridge Library. Socializing starts at 6:30pm, and the meeting runs from 7-9pm.

      • Carroll Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013

          Hey guys – one more reminder about Dads Club tonight, and big thanks to Patrick for coordinating the BBQ on Sunday. That was a blast, and it was great to have both the Richardson’s there. Come help us plan the next one, and get ready for the Pancake Breakfast in April.

          See you tonight -

          Carroll

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 29, 2014
            Hello Dads — Over the summer the Claremont Dads Club meeting time was changed to the fourth Wednesday of each month, so our first meeting of the new school year will be on Wednesday, Sept. 24. With this new schedule, Dads Club meetings will not be the same weeks as PTA meetings, PTA board meetings or SSC meetings. For the Sept. 24 meeting we’ll stick with tradition and meet at McNally’s Irish Pub (a few blocks from school at 5352 Claremont Avenue). Normally guys start arriving around 6:30, then at 7pm we move to the back room for our meeting. Feel free to spread the word among other potential members — they can email me (morris@...) to get on the Yahoo Group mailing list.

            This year I will remain as co-chair in partnership with Kent Reno, who is officially back as a Claremont dad now that his daughter is in 6th grade. There has been a lot of interest among incoming 6th grade dads, and we’re looking forward to welcoming new faces and new ideas to the group. Our plan for the first meeting is to open the floor to a discussion about what we want the club to focus on this year. All ideas and suggestions are welcome, including: Do we want to continue meeting at McNally’s? Do we want to continue our monthly Grill & Chill BBQs? Do we have capacity to organize events and activities during school hours? Do we want to organize evening events? How can we have the most positive impact on the school? Also possible that our new principal, Jonathan Mayer, will make an appearance and give his views on how the dads can help.

            GRILL & CHILL BBQ ON SATURDAY SEPT. 6: Our only commitment for the immediate future is to help organize a community barbecue on the school yard from 4 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 6. The idea is to welcome new families into the Claremont community with food, games and socializing. Normally we ask folks to bring something to grill and something to share, but for this one I think there will be a budget to get some hot dogs and stuff to supplement what people bring. I’ll look into that and make a plan. We’ll also need a few guys to show up around 3:15 or 3:30 that day to help us move the grills and games from the storage container down to the garden, and a few to stick around long enough to help us put things away afterwards. Please email me (morris@...) if you can help on either end.

            Hope everyone is off to a good start this school year!

            —Morris Dye
          • Morris Dye
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2014
              Hello Claremont Dads — I’ve heard from several guys who can come early tomorrow to help with setup, and others are welcome to come if you can. I plan to arrive about 3pm to unlock the gates and open the storage container where we keep the grills, pingpong table, football table, etc. Our job will be to move stuff down to the garden and get the grill station ready to go. I’ll bring hot dogs, buns, condiments, paper plates, napkins and cups, and we can borrow one of the Ride for a Reason water coolers for ice water. I’ll also need some folks to help clean up and put everything away after 6pm.

              Everyone on the ‘BCC’ recipient list for this email should have received an invitation to join the Dads Club Yahoo Group about a week ago, with instructions for registering as a group member. The Yahoo Group is our primary means of communicating about club meetings and activities. If you didn’t get an invitation and want to join, let me know and I’ll get you on the list.

              Hope to see you all tomorrow!

              —Morris (morris@...)