Before the break

  • paul kagiwada
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
      Sorry I've let all the Dads Club stuff slip this week (I'm moving on Saturday so everything else has taken a back seat).

      There are two things the Dads Club can do before we go on break:

      1) We talked about taking up a collection for the Richardsons' "Holiday Bonus". I think everyone at the meeting was amenable to the idea of contributing $20 (or whatever you can afford). Someone needs to be the point person for collecting money. Unfortunately I can't do it. If you can take it on, please reply to the whole group and let them know how they can get money to you. I think it would be fine if we just slipped them an envelope on the last Friday without fanfare.

      2) Our help is needed with setup and/or take down for the teacher appreciation lunch next Wednesday. See Elizabeth's email below and let her know if you can pitch in.

      That's all for now. Have a great break everyone!

      Cheers,
      Kag

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Elizabeth Falkner Kevin Kenny <falknerkenny@...>
      Date: December 11, 2012 9:16:27 PM
      To: falknerkenny@...,Bettina Cole <cole-bettina@...>,Amy Vaughan <avaughan@...>
      Subject: Need volunteers for Teacher Appreciation Luncheon next week

      It's that time of the year!

      The PTA is sponsoring our annual Holiday Luncheon for the teachers and staff of Claremont Middle School. It's a great opportunity to offer them a time to relax and enjoy each other's company which they rarely get to do. We will be calling on ALL parents and caregivers to donate desserts for the actual luncheon, but we also need some volunteers to help on the day of the event, Wednesday, Dec 19th.

      Here are the volunteers we need and when we need them:

      Shift 1 - Room Set Up
      12:00-12:45
      -Need 4 hardy volunteers
      -This job involves stair climbing and furniture rearranging

      Shift 2 - Food Set Up & Service
      12:45-2:45
      -Only one or two volunteers needed for this

      Shift 3 - Clean Up/Breakdown
      2:30-3:15
      -Need 4 hardy volunteers
      -We'll clean up everything and put the room back together

      Please note: I will confirm with you that you are signed up for a shift so please make sure you have heard from me before coming. The room is very tight and we don't want to have more people than needed. Also, if you cannot make it on time or stay for the whole shift, please don't volunteer. We may finish a shift early, but it's hard to plan for people coming and going. I know it is difficult to help out during a work day, but please be sure to send a dessert item in if you are unable to volunteer. Every contribution makes a difference!

      Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

      Elizabeth Falkner & Bettina Cole

    • Carroll Moore
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012

        I emailed Elizabeth and volunteered to do set up for the Teacher Party @ noon next Weds.

        Cheers,

        Carroll

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
          I also volunteered directly to her for either shift 1 or 3 - she said she would get back to me to let me know what shift i'm needed at.
          Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
            Attention all Dads Club members:

            I will organize the holiday gift fund for the Richardsons. The suggested amount is around 20 bucks, but any amount you are able to spare will be deeply appreciated. The money we collect will be presented to the Richardsons on the Friday before winter break.

            To make it easy for you, I've set up a Web page where you can donate online via PayPal: http://morrisdye.com/richardsons

            Online contributions will go into my personal PayPal account, and I will add an equivalent amount to the cash fund on your behalf.

            If you prefer to pay by cash or check, you can track me down in person, or put your donation in an envelope and leave it in the white metal mailbox in front of my house, 5350 Miles Avenue between Hudson and Clifton (no cash contributions over the weekend please, as I might not check my mailbox regularly and we don't want anything to go missing).

            Contact me if you have any questions: morris@... or 415.336.6439.

            Thanks everyone!

            --Morris

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 17, 2012
              Hey Dads -- Here's a reminder about the holiday gift fund for Reggie and Ronnie. I've received four online donations so far and two by cash or check, and I'm sure a bunch of you are just now reaching for your checkbook or clicking the PayPal link at http://morrisdye.com/richardsons. Thanks!

              --Morris

              Begin forwarded message:

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 20, 2012
                Well done dads!

                Your generous contributions now add up to $480 for Ronnie and Reggie.

                My plan is to put $240 each in holiday cards and deliver them Friday morning during the coffee gathering. Y'all are welcome to join me. Thanks everyone!

                --Morris