ClaremontPeople.org is live!

  • Mark French
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2012
      Greetings.

      During my first year as a Claremont parent I was involved with many different groups, but the one desire they all had in common was "better communication". As a result I've created a new online forum called ClaremontPeople.orgwhich looks like this:

      WHAT IS IT?

      Debuted at the Dads Club, ClaremontPeople.org allows for an open and transparent dialogue for all of those who care about Claremont MIddle School.

      HOW DOES IT WORK?

      ClaremontPeople.org contains several categories (such as "Claremont News, Event & Announcements) in which you can read about topics (such as the "Claremont Fund), and follow the conversation (aka the comments). If you register for ClaremontPeople.org you get ninja powers to start your own topics and add your own comments.

      IS IT EASY TO USE?

      Yep. It even has a mobile view, so you can read or post from your smartphone.

      And if you register, you can opt to have topics in which you've commented send you updates by email.

      HOW  IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM JOINING AN EMAIL GROUP?

      1) With a forum, all the comments from all the topics are presented in chronological order, which makes in very easy to follow at a glance. One would have to sign up for multiple email groups, and not miss a email, to get the same effect.

      2) ClaremontPeople.org is purposely open to the public for viewing, with the belief that its open nature will increase communication. Email groups, by design, are private.

      SOUNDS GREAT. WHAT'S NEXT?

      The site is fully-functional but still in beta, so here's what I like your help with:

      Before I announce this to the Claremont community at large, I 'd like you to register and start posting topics. We'll need to "prime the pump" with forum activity so that people will feel that this is something of value. This doesn't have to just be Dads Club members either. If your partners or friends would like take part in this building phase please let them know.

      WHAT HAPPENS IF I FIND A TECH ISSUE, OR HAVE AN IDEA FOR ENHANCEMENT?

      Shoot me an email at mark@.... As this forum grows it will need moderators (people who keep the comments on track), tech support (people who know the software better than I) and be able to adapt to the needs of its users. I may have started it, but ClaremontPeople.org is for everybody.

      Please let me know what you think.

      Thanks,
      Mark French (Father of Max, Grade 7)