First day and beyond

  • paul kagiwada
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2012
      First off, thanks so much for all your hard work leading up to and on the first day of school. From my observations and from everyone I talked to, it seems like all went pretty smoothly.

      Going forward for the rest of the week, I have a few comments and suggestions:
      - The key times we need parent help is at drop off, lunch, and pick up
      - Mainly, parents should be extra eyes and help for the students
      - If folks can hang out during school hours, I think the PE teachers may need help keeping their students together (this is just from my observation, not a request from them or the administrators)
      - Ms. Champion may need help in the front office or you can see if any individual teachers want help
      - If I found students not in class, I would ask them what class they were supposed to be in. If they said that they had been dismissed early, I would walk them to their class anyway to clear it up with the teacher. I kept it upbeat and helpful rather than accusatory.
      - I also helped remind students about not using phones or wearing hats. Again, I tried to keep it upbeat, saying that I just don't want them to get their possessions taken away.

      Don't forget that there is a lot of work to be done around passing out textbooks tomorrow so any time you can spare will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks again!

      Cheers,
      Kag
    • chris@rockridgedistrict.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2012
        I want to thank you all.  That was the best day of school I have seen.  We only have a 179 to go let's keep up the good work.

        Chris

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2012
          Question, so what is the deal with PE teachers needing help as far as keeping their kids together?  Can you please elaborate?

          Regards,

          Joe

          To: CMSDadsClub@yahoogroups.com
          CC: terri.keith@...; ackeck@...; asphillips2010@...; avaughan@...; maronson2@...; cole-bettina@...; Brentdouglasx3@...; Juliiabowden@...; brekkebros@...; cmsknightline@...; chan_u@...; chadthom@...; deb@...; falknerkenny@...; markvandjenf@...; fosnut@...; shaimook@...; nhatkin@...; je.schumacher@...; jan@...; jrvetter@...; elizabethgessel@...; lcartolano@...; jgraffagna@...; kathleen.mcnulty@...; pamotey@...; kittsregburg@...; ronrich8@...; mcdevitt.erin@...; younchris@...; brendances@...; bwrice@...; lesliesanders30@...; ihyen@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2012
            Joe,

            I just noticed at the end of the first day that there were several kids who had wandered off from their PE class. I know from last year that this was a problem. I would hope that the SSO's would help with this situation, but I thought that since we had folks on campus, we could chip in. Ms. Moss also let me know today that she would love help when she starts assigning gym lockers (I'm not sure when that will be).

            I don't know if all of you heard or not, but the boys PE teach has left after 1 day on the job. Rumor has it that he has taken another job but I don't know this first hand. I'm very sad about this because everyone who knew him spoke very highly of him. However, the Richardsons are already on finding a replacement. But because of this disruption and the likelihood of several weeks of subs, I'm sure the boys PE teacher could use help too.

            I'm replying to the whole group since Joe sent his question to the group, but in the interest of not clogging up everyone's in-boxes, please be judicious in using "reply all."

            -Kag