Project Peace Day

  • Kristofer Brekke
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012

      Patrick, Carroll and Members of the Dad’s Club:

      I was unsuccessful in finding the paint for the graffiti on the roof; we were planning to tackle this on Sat. Feb. 11th.

      However…

      I have worked with Ms. Watkins to get B&G (Buildings and Grounds) to deal with it.

      Yesterday, on their third attempt, it appears they got it all, though, I will request another coat.

      That being said there is a desperate need for a building project -for garden program- that seems to be right up the Dad’s Club alley.

      We need two small sheds built -inside the Miles Ave. Garden- to house tools and supplies.

      They would anchor each pillar and be about 30”x 24” with a single door.

      We had hoped Project Peace would take this on, however, they feel it is out of their skill set.

      Carroll has a picture that maybe he can send if there is any interest to take on this project.

      Thank You,

      Kristofer Brekke

      (510) 274-0688

    • Patrick Zak

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012
          Do we have a "To Do" list for Saturday yet? I was going to put together a big poster-y thing so folks can easily see what jobs there are.
          -Kag

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012
            Kristofer:

            The sheds sound fun to build.  Let us know if there are tools we should bring on Saturday to put it together.

            Kenton

            Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:00 PM

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012

              Here’s a link to the shed Kristofer mentioned. Ours would be single door version. Kristofer has info on the locations and ideas about size, materials, etc.  http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-to/intro/0,,20285829,00.html

              If someone in the Dad’s Club wants to take the lead on this, please let us know. You will need to purchase materials (and get reimbursed for) and coordinate the work.

              I’m copying Brenda Bloomfield, who Chairs the garden committee. Brenda – please see Kag’s offer below to make a poster size “To Do” list. His email is paul kagiwada if you’d like him to make that.

              Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:00 PM