563REMINDER: Principal selection meeting this evening

  • Morris Dye
    May 19, 2014
      Hello Dads — Here's a reminder about the community meeting this evening about the principal selection process. The  meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the school gym. Light refreshments will be served at 6 p.m., and childcare will be provided. Please feel free to forward this reminder to others, including incoming families and people in the neighborhood.

      Sondra Aguilera, the OUSD administrator who is coordinating the principal selection process, will lead the meeting, which is a chance for parents, guardians and other members of our community an opportunity to learn more about the selection process, and to provide direct feedback regarding the qualities we would like our new principal to have.

      Last week, OUSD Director of Communications Troy Flint posted a letter to the Claremont community to provide an overview of the selection process now under way. According to that letter, the district already has a pool of candidates for the position, and Acting Superintendent Dr. Gary Yee will appoint a new principal by June 6, 2014. The full text of Troy Flint's letter is available online at http://claremontms.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e99579c870e1f0ac36c54bfe0&id=e0daf2b246&e=c676ca4a0e.

      Questions or comments about the process may be addressed to OUSD Region 1 Executive Officer Sondra Aguilera at (510) 879-3653 or by email to nsondra.Aguilera@....