511Meeting Notes 08 January 2014

  • Paul Kagiwada
    Jan 9, 2014
      Hi All,

      Thanks so much to those who made it last night. Here is a brief recap:

      - Good discussion around the pros and cons of CMS for the incoming/prospective dads who were there. Most enlightening topic was that the aftercare still sucks and the highly involved parents aren't working on it because most of them can work around it. Morris will bring the topic up with the PTA exec. board.
      - We will have a Dads Club sponsored after school event on Wednesday, 26 March. Need to decide at February's meeting about food, what activities we are going to do, and who will be involved. I will talk to the Richardsons about it and see if there are any issues around opening it up to the entire school (not just those in aftercare). Can someone talk with Ares Jordan about coordinating with the program? Everyone should think about food options and activities.
      - Pancake breakfast is Saturday, 26 April. I will design and print posters and tickets. Can someone take care of an online vendor (Brown Paper Tickets or something)? Need people to head up sales at Claremont, Chabot and Peralta (and anywhere else). Think if we want to have any other activities.
      -Ride for a Reason is Saturday, 17 May. Please consider volunteering and/or riding. Find out more at http://rideforareason.dojiggy.com
      - Science Night is Thursday January 23. Kenton Lee is heading it up and needs outdoor lights and help setting them up before the event. Kenton, please send round the Google sign up.
      - Project Peace is Saturday, 8 February from 9 to noon. Please come and help keep our school in shape.

      I'm sure I've missed some stuff so please feel free to amend.

      Cheers,
      Kag

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic