CMC: Roper's Sierra High Route without resupply

  • Iuliana and Adrian Stingaciu
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 26 11:07 AM
      Hi all,

      I just wanted to let everyone know I got back safely from the doing a
      thru-hike of Roper's Sierra High Route without resupply. 195 miles and
      most of it is off trail. I finished the route in 11 days 13 hours and
      17 minutes. I stated on Sunday July 8 at 7:43am with 12 lbs of organic
      raw vegan food (sun-dried fruits and nuts) and less than 5 lbs gear,
      for a total starting pack weight of 17 lbs. I climbed 5 peaks along the
      way, and hiked from 12 to 14 hours per day. I had a beautiful journey,
      and saw 2 bears, lots of deer, one spotted fawn, rabbits, ptarmigans,
      grouse, mice, pika, marmots, and lots of flowers, and pristine meadows
      and lakes on the x-country route. I finished the route last Thrusday,
      July 19 at 9pm in Twin Lakes above Bridgeport, CA.
      This was an experiment in minimalism while maximizing on the energy of
      raw vegan foods. No bear canister, no tent, no stove, no water filter,
      no soap, no mosquito repellant, no problems !!!

      peace&love,

      Adrian Stingaciu

    • michael Palmer

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 26 6:15 PM
          Congratulations!! I'd like to know how much weight
          you lost....I lost 11 lbs(in only eigth days) on a
          similar venture with all the food I could eat!

          Rob

          --- michael Palmer <mp5of8@...> wrote:

          > Whoa Dude! This is the best thing since John Muir
          > "set off for a fortnight with a hardy crust of bread
          > strapped to my belt". Congratulations. I'd like to
          > see your gear and food list.
          >
          > Iuliana and Adrian Stingaciu
          > <astingaciu@...> wrote: Hi all,
          >
          > I just wanted to let everyone know I got back safely
          > from the doing a
          > thru-hike of Roper's Sierra High Route without
          > resupply. 195 miles and
          > most of it is off trail. I finished the route in 11
          > days 13 hours and
          > 17 minutes. I stated on Sunday July 8 at 7:43am with
          > 12 lbs of organic
          > raw vegan food (sun-dried fruits and nuts) and less
          > than 5 lbs gear,
          > for a total starting pack weight of 17 lbs. I
          > climbed 5 peaks along the
          > way, and hiked from 12 to 14 hours per day. I had a
          > beautiful journey,
          > and saw 2 bears, lots of deer, one spotted fawn,
          > rabbits, ptarmigans,
          > grouse, mice, pika, marmots, and lots of flowers,
          > and pristine meadows
          > and lakes on the x-country route. I finished the
          > route last Thrusday,
          > July 19 at 9pm in Twin Lakes above Bridgeport, CA.
          > This was an experiment in minimalism while
          > maximizing on the energy of
          > raw vegan foods. No bear canister, no tent, no
          > stove, no water filter,
          > no soap, no mosquito repellant, no problems !!!
          >
          > peace&love,
          >
          > Adrian Stingaciu

          > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers
          > from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it
          > out.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.
          > Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.
        • Susan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29 10:52 PM
            Amazing accomplishment, Adrian. Congratulations!

            Susan

            --- In SFCMC@yahoogroups.com, Iuliana and Adrian Stingaciu

            ______________

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 30 10:31 AM
              Thank you Susan.

              Adrian

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 31 5:05 PM
                I lost about 10 lbs in 12 days. Ate about 11 lbs of food the entire
                route, less than 1 lb a day. Had enough energy to hike 10-12 hours per
                day. I bonked out only once on the route, the day after I did 23 miles
                on 10 oz of food ration. After that I increased food intake as much as
                I needed and felt great!

                Here's some pictures from the route.
                http://new.photos.yahoo.com/astingaciu/album/576460762405066592

                If anyone is interested in details, a trip report can be found here,
                should be the 6th report down.

                Adrian

                Need a vacation? Get great deals
                to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                http://travel.yahoo.com/
              • Justincompany@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 31 10:26 PM
                  nice work.  great photos.

                  Joe

                • rob smith
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2007
                    Excellent! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations
                    again.

                    Robert