AAC: August 9-10 Tuolumne / Tioga Climb-munity, 8/8/2008, 12:00 pm

  • SFCMC@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2008
      Reminder from: SFCMC Yahoo! Group

      Title: AAC: August 9-10 Tuolumne / Tioga Climb-munity

      Date: Friday August 8, 2008
      Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every day until Sunday August 10, 2008.
      Location: Tuolumne
      Notes: TUOLUMNE CLIMB-MUNITY, August 8-10
      Join the American Alpine Club in Tuolumne Meadows Friday, August 8 through Sunday August 10 for reserved group camping, Saturday evening party with beer, wine, munchies and campfire. $10 for climbers under 29 years old, $15 for AAC members, $20 for non-members. Everyone is welcome, so invite your friends! Thanks to SNS member Tom Burch for organizing this event. Here are the details:

      RSVP: RSVP to Tom Burch at tcburch@... Space is not unlimited, so RSVP to reserve your spot!

      LOCATION: Tuolumne Meadows Campground, Group Site G, Yosemite National Park. Thanks to Yosemite Climbing Ranger Jesse McGahey, a great friend of the AAC and the Sierra Nevada Section, for helping us secure the campsite!

      SCHEDULE:
      Friday August 8 through Sunday August 10. Arrive Friday evening (or whenever), climb Saturday and Sunday. Feel free to join us for the whole deal or just one day. We don't climb as a big organized group; rather you can partner up if needed and head off on your own. I'm sure anyone needing a partner or beta on where/what to climb will find it from our group. Saturday evening party will start around 6:30.

      PARTY:
      Again, Saturday evening around 6:30. SNS will provide beer, wine and munchies, and firewood for a campfire.

      RELEASE:
      Please note: CLIMBING IS ON YOUR OWN AND NOT ORGANIZED, LEAD OR GUIDED BY THE AAC OR THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. You are required to sign a liability release form provided by the AAC in order to climb and camp with us. RSVP and we'll get the release to you ahead of time instead of bothering you with it at the event. Please review, sign and bring it with you. Note that your signature must be witnessed (but not notarized). We'll also have some blank copies.

      COST: $10 for climbers under 29 years old (AAC member or not), $15 for AAC members, $20 for non-members. Cash is preferred, but we'll also take a check made payable to the American Alpine Club.

      CONTACT INFO: Tom Bu