FW: Our Search and Rescue Fundraiser---

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008

      Check out the clip!

      This is a great organization to support.  Hopefully none of us will need their help!  Please pass it along.

      Susan

      Hello there,

      I hope you're doing well.  As you might know, I'm a member of our county's Search and Rescue (SAR) team.  We are a volunteer organization, and our members are called out fairly often to find missing children, elderly people, and others who find themselves in dangerous situations.

      Because we are a volunteer organization and with the recent budget cuts to programs like ours, we have begun hosting the Banff Mountain Centre's Radical Reels tour annually.  If you or someone you know might enjoy this collection of extreme films and also help our team by buying one or more tickets, please let me know.  Details are as follows:

      What: Radical Reels Tour 2008. View clips from this year's movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9PluvYCwM
      When: Friday, September 26, 2008.  Doors open at 7 pm for dinner and drinks donated by local establishments and a silent auction. Show starts at 8 pm.
      Where: Brenden Theatres Concord 14, 1980 Willow Pass Rd, Concord, CA
      Tickets cost $35 and include dinner, drinks, and the show.

      If you can't make the show but would still like to donate, feel free to contact me directly.  All fundraising efforts are used to increase our training, safety, and effectiveness during searches.

      I look forward to seeing you there.

      Take care,

      Alyssa Skye
      916-429-5006

      Life is a daring adventure or nothing!
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
        I just found out that the SAR Fundraiser/BANFF Movie Festival does require the purchase of advance tickets, so be sure to contact Alyssa.  Or you can email me and I'll forward to her.

         Thanks!

        Susan

        "To have a great idea, have a lot of them." ~ Thomas A. Edison

      • Branden
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008