AAC July 12-13 Donner Summit Climb-munity, 7/13/2008, 12:00 pm

  • SFCMC@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10 11:56 AM
      Reminder from: SFCMC Yahoo! Group

      Title: AAC July 12-13 Donner Summit Climb-munity

      Date: Sunday July 13, 2008
      Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every day until Sunday July 13, 2008.
      Location: Donner Summit
      Notes: Join the American Alpine Club at Donner Summit for camping and climbing. Contact is Dave Riggs at de_riggs@...

      DONNER SUMMIT CLIMB-MUNITY, July 11-13
      Join us for free camping, Saturday evening barbeque with beer, wine and campfire on the beautiful undeveloped property of SNS member Bela Vadasz of Alpine Skills International. It's right on top of Donner Pass, within easy walking distance of the superb granite crags. $10 for climbers under 29 years old, $15 for AAC members, $20 for non-members. Everyone is welcome, so invite your friends! Here are the details:

      RSVP: An RSVP is appreciated (email Dave Riggs at de_riggs@...) but feel free to just show up.

      LOCATION: We will camp on Bela Vadasz's property located on Lake Mary Road just Southwest of and adjacent to the old ASI lodge (now Sugar Bowl Academy). It's right on top of Donner Pass on the South side of Old Highway 40. So if you're coming up the pass from the West, turn right immediately before the Sugar Bowl Academy parking lot, and if you're coming up from the East, turn left immediately after that parking lot. Parking will be along Lake Mary Road. Don't park in the Academy's lot. I'll have some small signs up and my dark blue Subaru Outback with a storage box on the roof rack will be parked at the site. If you need more detailed directions just email me or give me a call (contact info below). Tent/bivi sites are scattered about a 25 to 50m walk from the road.

      GROUP GEAR / FACILITIES:
      SNS will provide: a Wag Bag toilet system with privacy tent at the site, some community water containers, a large folding table for the food, a group shelter if needed (perhaps for wind). Bring your own: tent, chair, other camping gear, breakfast and lunch food, some water, climbing gear, and good cheer.

      SCHEDULE:
      Friday July 11 through Sunday July 13. Arrive Friday evening (or whenever), climb Saturday and Sunday. Feel free to join us for the whole deal or just one day or just the p