CMC Trip Logistics – Lover’s Leap 5/12 - 13

  • Tom Cronin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2007
      CMC Trip Logistics – Lover’s Leap - 5/12 - 13

      Hi CMC members and guests, it looks like we are going to have great weather this weekend so we should be able to get in a lot of fun climbing and enjoy pleasant camping.

      Carpooling:
      For those coming from the Bay Area, we can car pool from the Touchstone Concord parking lot. Let’s meet at 7:00 am and depart no later than 7:15 am.  I can drive or pay for gas.  Let me know if you want to carpool.

      Meeting Place:
      For those driving separately, let’s meet at the campground parking lot trailhead at 10:00 am.

      Camping:
      We can stay at the campground, or on nearby forest service land if the campground is closed or full.  If anyone gets there early, snag us a large campsite.

      Directions:
      Here are directions from Sacramento : drive East on Highway 50, passing through Kyburz, to Strawberry where you will turn into the Strawberry Lodge lot on your right.  Continue to proceed East on Strawberry Lane , paralleling the highway, about 500’, and then make a left after crossing a bridge onto 11N20A which leads to the campground.  Note: There is limited parking at the campground so it might be necessary to park at the 11N20A turnoff (still on Strawberry Lane ), particularly if you see a lot of other parked cars and people walking.

      Roster:
      Please reconfirm so we don’t wait for ghosts:

      Steve Thaw
      Jennifer Wang
      Michael Dahlquist
      Mario Molina
      Phil Klein
      Kelly Flach
      Amy

      I will send a follow up e-mail if there are any developments of note.

      Sincerely,

      Tom Cronin
      925-207-5325 cell