Re: CMG: Re: CMC: This is now the CMG

  • Maureen Maguire
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 7, 2008
      And does the CMG have a regular gym night somewhere?
      Maureen

      From: jennhop@ucr. edu <jennhop@ucr. edu>
      Subject: Re: CMC: This is now the CMG
      To: SFCMC@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, June 6, 2008, 3:26 PM

      Do I have to do anything else to "join?" :) Have a great weekend at the Leap!
      Jen

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
        Several of them. The south SF bay meets Wed night at Planet Granite -
        Sunnyvale. Also a group most Monday nights at PG- Belmont. Suzie
        coordinates Mondays, but she's on sabbatical.

        Tom and crew meet in Concord gym. I think Chris Oakes has a group in
        Berkeley gym.

        Susan

        --- In SFCMC@yahoogroups.com, Maureen Maguire <mlmaguire1@...> wrote:

        > And does the CMG have a regular gym night somewhere?
        > Maureen

      • Susan
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
          Hi Steve,

          We're still getting organized and not all the trips are posted yet
          (I'm delinquent). Just contact the trip coordinator to sign up,
          there will be a waiver/emergency contact form (text is posted) at the
          meeting place; just sign in.

          Not every trip is suitable for every climber, but many (most?) will
          have options with different difficulties. Sometimes the trip
          coordinator will do some screening by asking what you've done
          recently or who you climb with, etc to ensure everyone's safety and
          best chance of success.

          Susan

          --- In SFCMC@yahoogroups.com, Steve Powell <spow49@...> wrote:

          > Tom,
          > what do I have tod o to go ona trip?
          > Steve Powell
          >

          > I wanted to vomit all day long. I was sick with fear of being
          unequal to the climb...instinct forced me to live through it" ~Mark
          Twight~

        • Justin M. Lewis
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 12, 2008
            Really?  Monday nights, PG Belmont?  I'm there most Mondays, who else is?

          • desmo0341
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 13, 2008
            • Oakes Christopher
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 13, 2008

                I usually climb in Berkeley on Tue and Thu at 5.  Usually.  Call me at 3316654 if you want to meet up.

                There is a pretty good group of climbers that meet up.  Most of them have done a lot of outdoor climbing but don't want to anymore.

                Chris