Anyone for the Valley?

  • rob smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 2:15 PM
      Hey All,

      Would anyone need a partner for climbing in the Valley
      this weekend? Learning to lead (5.7), climbing to
      5.9.

      Robert Smith

      --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:

      > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
      > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
      > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
      >
      > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
      > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
      > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
      >
      > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
    • jeremyrahe
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 17 8:02 PM
        My vote: I can't go next weekend, but was planning on going the
        weekend after anyway.

        Cheers,
        Jeremy

        --- In SFCMC@yahoogroups.com, Gary Meyer <ggary3@...> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > I'm OK going up next weekend or the weekend after, whatever works
        best for everyone. I'm also OK with doing West Face or Cascade Gulch
        if the ridge doesn't shape up.

        > Gary
        >
        > Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:
        > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If there is interest
        we can go next weekend: April 26 - 27. Let me know if next weekend
        works for you.

        > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the forecast high
        at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40 mph and snow. Forecast low
        Saturday night is -12F!

        > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        Try it now.

      • rob smith
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 17 8:58 PM
          I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
          Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
          :-}

          --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:

          > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
          > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
          > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
          >
          > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
          > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
          > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
          >
          > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
        • Chris Jakober
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 17 9:07 PM
            I believe it was Miguel Forjan.

            cheers

            --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
            > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
            > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
            >
            > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
            > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
            > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
            >
            > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

          • Chris Jakober
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 17 9:07 PM
              rob smith <lechassuer@...> wrote:
              I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
              Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
              :-}

              --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

              > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
              > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
              > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
              >
              > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
              > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
              > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
              >
              > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

            • Miguel Forjan
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 17 11:07 PM
                Rob,
                This is Miguel Forjan.  I'm planning to go to the Shasta area on Memorial Weekend.  I have a friend who wants to do the West Face Gully.

                Regards,

                --Miguel

                I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
                Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
                :-}

                --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

                > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
                > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
                > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
                >
                > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
                > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
                > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
                >
                > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

              • rob smith
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 18 7:44 AM
                  Do you aor anyone else have any interest in doing
                  Hotlum Glacier Route. The one with the little 5.8
                  work at the top?

                  Robert

                  --- Miguel Forjan <mforjan@...> wrote:

                  > Rob,
                  > This is Miguel Forjan. I'm planning to go to the
                  > Shasta area on Memorial Weekend. I have a friend
                  > who wants to do the West Face Gully.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > --Miguel

                  0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
                  > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                  > margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                  > -->
                  >
                  > <!--
                  >
                  > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
                  > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                  > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
                  > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                  > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                  > #ygrp-text{
                  > font-family:Georgia;
                  > }
                  > #ygrp-text p{
                  > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                  > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                  > font-family:Arial;
                  > clear:both;}
                  > #ygrp-vitnav{

                  > #ygrp-vitnav a{
                  > padding:0 1px;}
                  > #ygrp-actbar{
                  > clear:both;margin:25px
                  > 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}
                  > #ygrp-actbar .left{
                  > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                  > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                  > #ygrp-grft{
                  > #ygrp-ft{
                  > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px
                  > solid #666;
                  > padding:5px 0;
                  > }
                  > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                  > padding-bottom:10px;}
                  >
                  > #ygrp-reco {
                  > margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
                  > #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
                  > font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}
                  >
                  > #reco-grpname{
                  > font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
                  > #reco-category{
                  > font-size:77%;}
                  > #reco-desc{
                  > font-size:77%;}
                  >
                  > #ygrp-vital{

                  background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px

                  === message truncated ===
                • Miguel Forjan
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 18 1:57 PM
                    I already have done the Hotlum Glacier last summer.  Great route.  We went up via the left gully direct.   I don't recommend doing the 5.8 headwall itself.  It's pretty loose rock for the most part.

                    --Miguel

                    --- Miguel Forjan <mforjan@yahoo. com> wrote:

                    > Rob,
                    > This is Miguel Forjan. I'm planning to go to the
                    > Shasta area on Memorial Weekend. I have a friend
                    > who wants to do the West Face Gully.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > --Miguel

                    color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px
                    > 0px;}
                    > #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                    > margin-bottom: 10px;}
                    > #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                    > padding:0 0;}
                    > #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                    > color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}
                    > -->
                    >
                    > <!--
                    >
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                    > font-family: Arial;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                    > margin:10px

                    0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                    > margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}
                    > -->
                    >
                    > <!--
                    >
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,
                    > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
                    > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}
                    > #ygrp-text{
                    > font-family: Georgia;
                    > }
                    > #ygrp-text p{
                    > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                    > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                    > font-family: Arial;
                    > clear:both;}
                    > #ygrp-vitnav{

                    padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}
                    > #ygrp-vitnav a{
                    > padding:0 1px;}
                    > #ygrp-actbar{
                    > clear:both;margin: 25px
                    > 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }
                    > #ygrp-actbar .left{
                    > float:left;white- space:nowrap; }
                    > .bld{font-weight: bold;}
                    > #ygrp-grft{
                    > #ygrp-ft{
                    > font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px
                    > solid #666;
                    > padding:5px 0;
                    > }
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                    > padding-bottom: 10px;}
                    >
                    > #ygrp-reco {
                    > margin-bottom: 20px;padding: 0px;}
                    > #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
                    > font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;}
                    >
                    > #reco-grpname{
                    > font-weight: bold;margin- top:10px; }
                    > #reco-category{
                    > font-size:77% ;}
                    > #reco-desc{
                    > font-size:77% ;}
                    >
                    > #ygrp-vital{

                    background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px
                    > 0 8px 8px;}
                    > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                    font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }
                    > #ygrp-vital ul{
                    > padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}
                    > #ygrp-vital ul li{
                    > list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid
                    > #e0ecee;
                    > }
                    > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                    font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}
                    > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                    > font-weight: bold;}
                    > #ygrp-vital a{
                    > text-decoration: none;}
                    >
                    > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                    > text-decoration: underline; }
                    >
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                    > color:#999;font- size:77%; }
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                    > padding:6px
                    > 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                    > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                    > background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0
                    > 8px;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                    > padding:8px 0;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

                    font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                    > text-decoration: none;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                    > text-decoration: underline; }
                    > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                    > margin:0;}
                    > o{font-size: 0;}
                    > .MsoNormal{
                    > margin:0 0 0 0;}
                    > #ygrp-text tt{
                    > font-size:120% ;}
                    > blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                    > .replbq{margin: 4;}
                    > -->

                    === message truncated ===

                  • Karen
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 18 6:30 PM
                      Where, When... Yes.   Tell us your thoughts?

                      Would anyone need a partner for climbing in the Valley
                      this weekend? Learning to lead (5.7), climbing to
                      5.9.

                      Robert Smith

                      --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

                      > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
                      > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
                      > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
                      >
                      > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
                      > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
                      > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
                      >
                      > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325

                      > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

                    • rob smith
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 18 8:53 PM
                        Sorry I meant for this weekend. late now

                        Rob