Re: CMC: Canceled/Rescheduled: Shasta - Casaval Ridge - April 26 - 27

  • Miguel Forjan
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 1:33 PM
      I'll be in the Shasta area during Memorial weekend.......I know....I know....the crowds, but I've done it before and it wasn't that bad.  Ijust don't have enough vacation saved up, so Memorial weekend it is.  Is anyone considering to be there that weekend (May 24-26)?

      --Miguel F.

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 17 2:15 PM
        Hey All,

        Would anyone need a partner for climbing in the Valley
        this weekend? Learning to lead (5.7), climbing to
        5.9.

        Robert Smith

        --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:

        > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
        > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
        > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
        >
        > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
        > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
        > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
        >
        > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
      • jeremyrahe
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 17 8:02 PM
          My vote: I can't go next weekend, but was planning on going the
          weekend after anyway.

          Cheers,
          Jeremy

          --- In SFCMC@yahoogroups.com, Gary Meyer <ggary3@...> wrote:

          > Tom,
          >
          > I'm OK going up next weekend or the weekend after, whatever works
          best for everyone. I'm also OK with doing West Face or Cascade Gulch
          if the ridge doesn't shape up.

          > Gary
          >
          > Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:
          > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If there is interest
          we can go next weekend: April 26 - 27. Let me know if next weekend
          works for you.

          > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the forecast high
          at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40 mph and snow. Forecast low
          Saturday night is -12F!

          > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          Try it now.

        • rob smith
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 17 8:58 PM
            I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
            Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
            :-}

            --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@...> wrote:

            > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
            > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
            > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
            >
            > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
            > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
            > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
            >
            > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
          • Chris Jakober
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 17 9:07 PM
              I believe it was Miguel Forjan.

              cheers

              rob smith <lechassuer@...> wrote:
              I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
              Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
              :-}

              --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

              > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
              > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
              > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
              >
              > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
              > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
              > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
              >
              > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

            • Chris Jakober
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 17 9:07 PM
                rob smith <lechassuer@...> wrote:
                I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
                Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
                :-}

                --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

                > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
                > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
                > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
                >
                > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
                > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
                > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
                >
                > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

              • Miguel Forjan
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 17 11:07 PM
                  Rob,
                  This is Miguel Forjan.  I'm planning to go to the Shasta area on Memorial Weekend.  I have a friend who wants to do the West Face Gully.

                  Regards,

                  --Miguel

                  I am sorry, who was it that was going to Shasta on
                  Memorial day Weekend? I made a premature deletion.
                  :-}

                  --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
                  > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
                  > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
                  >
                  > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
                  > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
                  > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
                  >
                  > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325
                  >

                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

                • rob smith
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 18 7:44 AM
                    Do you aor anyone else have any interest in doing
                    Hotlum Glacier Route. The one with the little 5.8
                    work at the top?

                    Robert

                    --- Miguel Forjan <mforjan@...> wrote:

                    > Rob,
                    > This is Miguel Forjan. I'm planning to go to the
                    > Shasta area on Memorial Weekend. I have a friend
                    > who wants to do the West Face Gully.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > --Miguel

                    0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
                    > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                    > margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                    > -->
                    >
                    > <!--
                    >
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
                    > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
                    > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                    > #ygrp-text{
                    > font-family:Georgia;
                    > }
                    > #ygrp-text p{
                    > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                    > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                    > font-family:Arial;
                    > clear:both;}
                    > #ygrp-vitnav{

                    > #ygrp-vitnav a{
                    > padding:0 1px;}
                    > #ygrp-actbar{
                    > clear:both;margin:25px
                    > 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}
                    > #ygrp-actbar .left{
                    > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                    > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                    > #ygrp-grft{
                    > #ygrp-ft{
                    > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px
                    > solid #666;
                    > padding:5px 0;
                    > }
                    > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                    > padding-bottom:10px;}
                    >
                    > #ygrp-reco {
                    > margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
                    > #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
                    > font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;}
                    >
                    > #reco-grpname{
                    > font-weight:bold;margin-top:10px;}
                    > #reco-category{
                    > font-size:77%;}
                    > #reco-desc{
                    > font-size:77%;}
                    >
                    > #ygrp-vital{

                    background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px

                    === message truncated ===
                  • Miguel Forjan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 18 1:57 PM
                      I already have done the Hotlum Glacier last summer.  Great route.  We went up via the left gully direct.   I don't recommend doing the 5.8 headwall itself.  It's pretty loose rock for the most part.

                      --Miguel

                      --- Miguel Forjan <mforjan@yahoo. com> wrote:

                      > Rob,
                      > This is Miguel Forjan. I'm planning to go to the
                      > Shasta area on Memorial Weekend. I have a friend
                      > who wants to do the West Face Gully.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      >
                      > --Miguel

                      color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px
                      > 0px;}
                      > #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                      > margin-bottom: 10px;}
                      > #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                      > padding:0 0;}
                      > #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                      > color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}
                      > -->
                      >
                      > <!--
                      >
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                      > font-family: Arial;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                      > margin:10px

                      0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                      > margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}
                      > -->
                      >
                      > <!--
                      >
                      > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,
                      > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                      > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
                      > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
                      > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}
                      > #ygrp-text{
                      > font-family: Georgia;
                      > }
                      > #ygrp-text p{
                      > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                      > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                      > font-family: Arial;
                      > clear:both;}
                      > #ygrp-vitnav{

                      padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}
                      > #ygrp-vitnav a{
                      > padding:0 1px;}
                      > #ygrp-actbar{
                      > clear:both;margin: 25px
                      > 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }
                      > #ygrp-actbar .left{
                      > float:left;white- space:nowrap; }
                      > .bld{font-weight: bold;}
                      > #ygrp-grft{
                      > #ygrp-ft{
                      > font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px
                      > solid #666;
                      > padding:5px 0;
                      > }
                      > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                      > padding-bottom: 10px;}
                      >
                      > #ygrp-reco {
                      > margin-bottom: 20px;padding: 0px;}
                      > #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
                      > font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;}
                      >
                      > #reco-grpname{
                      > font-weight: bold;margin- top:10px; }
                      > #reco-category{
                      > font-size:77% ;}
                      > #reco-desc{
                      > font-size:77% ;}
                      >
                      > #ygrp-vital{

                      background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px
                      > 0 8px 8px;}
                      > #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                      font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }
                      > #ygrp-vital ul{
                      > padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}
                      > #ygrp-vital ul li{
                      > list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid
                      > #e0ecee;
                      > }
                      > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                      font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}
                      > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                      > font-weight: bold;}
                      > #ygrp-vital a{
                      > text-decoration: none;}
                      >
                      > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                      > text-decoration: underline; }
                      >
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                      > color:#999;font- size:77%; }
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                      > padding:6px
                      > 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                      > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                      > #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                      > background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0
                      > 8px;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                      > padding:8px 0;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

                      font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                      > text-decoration: none;}
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                      > text-decoration: underline; }
                      > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                      > margin:0;}
                      > o{font-size: 0;}
                      > .MsoNormal{
                      > margin:0 0 0 0;}
                      > #ygrp-text tt{
                      > font-size:120% ;}
                      > blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}
                      > .replbq{margin: 4;}
                      > -->

                      === message truncated ===

                    • Karen
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 18 6:30 PM
                        Where, When... Yes.   Tell us your thoughts?

                        Would anyone need a partner for climbing in the Valley
                        this weekend? Learning to lead (5.7), climbing to
                        5.9.

                        Robert Smith

                        --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

                        > The Shasta trip is canceled for this weekend. If
                        > there is interest we can go next weekend: April 26 -
                        > 27. Let me know if next weekend works for you.
                        >
                        > The reason for canceling is weather. Saturday the
                        > forecast high at 12,000' feet is 8F with gusts to 40
                        > mph and snow. Forecast low Saturday night is -12F!
                        >
                        > Tom Cronin, 925-207-5325

                        > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

                      • rob smith
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 18 8:53 PM
                          Sorry I meant for this weekend. late now

                          Rob