Re: CMC: CMC Winter Membership Outing

  • munish lal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2008
      Hi Joseph,
      I will like to join yo for this outing. A quick question Where is rock creek canyon? Please let me know.

      Thanks

      Munish

      From: "Joseph L. White" <josephlwhite@ earthlink. net>
      To: <cmc-email@californi amountaineer. com>
      Subject: CMC WInter Membership Outing
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:29:23 -0800

      March 7th-9th                          Friday - Sunday                    Winter Membership Outing

      Join us for one, two or three days of snow camping, practicing snow skills, or skiing and snowshoeing in Rock Creek Canyon.  We plan to practice snow anchors, ice axe arrest, “Z” and “C” crevasse rescue systems, roped team travel and fixed line travel.  From the Snow Park parking lot, you will have the option to hike, snowshoe, or ski, ½ to ¾ mile over easy terrain to our snow camp.  As an added bonus, we will be making dinner reservations at the Rock Creek Lodge for Saturday night.  Send SASE with experience/conditio ning or e-mail Joe at josephlwhite@ earthlink. net.
      LEADERS/ORGANIZERS: Jan Lorenzen, Joe White, Tom Ritchie, Ron Norton.