Re: CMC: Fwd: Steep Trails.......

  • Steve Thaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2008
      Hi Rob,
      Delighted that you enjoyed reading it and that it help direct you to the Summit!
      I hope others will read it, too!
      Steve

      rob smith <lechassuer@...> wrote:
      I had read Muir's account and it actually helped me
      find the summit. We were climbing in a white out
      cloud. I moved us North along the crater and then we
      were hung up on the slope when the wind gave us the
      sulfur from the hot springs. Muir said they were
      directly down slope and North of the summit, so I hung
      a right and voila! Needless to say there was no view
      from the summit.

      It was one of those moments of which history buffs
      dream! LOL

      http://www.yosemite .ca.us/john_ muir_writings/ steep_trails/ chapter_4. html