Climbing Instruction, 10/6 - 7, Saint Helana

  • Tom Cronin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Here is what I have going this weekend if you know anyone interested.
      Nice to hang out with you all this weekend!
      Harrison

      A full day of climbing and instruction on the beautiful (and real!) rocks of Saint Helena . Classes last from around 10am to 4pm. Bring layered loose fitting clothing, food and water. I will need to know shoe size of anyone who is coming and a check in advance so I know who is coming and reserve your space. We meet in Calistoga at 9:30 and carpool to parking lot. Bring a pack to carry your food and gear in for the hike to the climbing spot.

      October 6
      This class  is an ideal course for beginners and those in need of a refresher. the day's end you'll be acquainted with the basics of rock climbing, from climbing terminology and safety to knot tying and belaying. HMA supplies shoes, harnesses, ropes, etc. Only $50.
      October 7
      This hands on course is a comprehensive next step for the gym climber, boulderer or even sport and beginning outdoor climber who would like to learn more about placing protection, setting anchors for top rope climbing and belay stations. Also by the end of the day we will have gone over how to make bomb proof anchors, rescue systems, safety and rescue techniques There is a ton off tricks knots and skills taught through out the day, so I advise bringing a note book. All the equipment is provided. $75

      If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me,
      Harrison Hood
      Hood Mountain Adventues
      Box 1334
      Sebastopol CA 95473