Mt Clarence King

  • jack bowers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2012
      A popular backpack in the Sierra is the Rae Lakes loop from Zumwalt meadow. I did it last year with a group that went 'clockwise'.
      We spent our third night in 60 lakes Basin. That day, I tried to climb
      Mt C. K. but found myself lacking and had to settle for Mt Cotter.
          During our second day's hike,
      I observed the creek exiting Gardiner Basin and decide that would
      be the 'hard way'. After going up there, I would head south to the Gardiner pass.
         Tentative start: 8/22

      1 attending
      jack bowers
    • Sonja Dieterich
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2012
        Jack,

        for how many days do you plan to be out? I would be interested
        depending on time. We have not met before, I think. I climb with the
        Loma Prieta Peak Climbing section, do some mountaineering as well.
        Generally, I am of the slow and steady hiker category, not too fast on
        the trail but can go for many hours without issues.

        Sonja

        On 6/11/12, jack bowers <jakbowers@...> wrote:
        > A popular backpack in the Sierra is the Rae Lakes loop from Zumwalt
        > meadow. I did it last year with a group that went 'clockwise'.
        > We spent our third night in 60 lakes Basin. That day, I tried to climb
        > Mt C. K. but found myself lacking and had to settle for Mt Cotter.
        >     During our second day's hike,
        > I observed the creek exiting Gardiner Basin and decide that would
        > be the 'hard way'. After going up there, I would head south to the Gardiner
        > pass.
        >    Tentative start: 8/22
        >

        > *
        >
        > Change RSVP
        > 1 attending jack bowers
      • jack bowers
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2014

          A popular backpack in the Sierra is the Rae Lakes loop from Zumwalt meadow. I did it last year with a group that went 'clockwise'.
          We spent our third night in 60 lakes Basin. That day, I tried to climb
          Mt C. K. but found myself lacking and had to settle for Mt Cotter.
              During our second day's hike,
          I observed the creek exiting Gardiner Basin and decide that would
          be the 'hard way'. After going up there, I would head south to the Gardiner pass.
             Tentative start: 7/13

          1 attending
          jack bowers