Re: CMC: Pico de Orizaba (Citlaltépetl)

  • sbc main
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2007
      no, no....?Donde este los banos

      I believe glacier travel with team and self arrest skills would be necessay. The altitude could be an issue.
      Altough I have not climbed with any of you all, I would be interested if an exact time period in January were arranged.

      chad
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007

        Let me throw my hat in the ring that I am also interested in the climb.  I have done some glacier climbing on Mt. Rainier (Emmons route) & Mt. Baker

         ( Easton route).

        -Robert

        I believe glacier travel with team and self arrest skills would be necessay. The altitude could be an issue.

        Altough I have not climbed with any of you all, I would be interested if an exact time period in January were arranged.

        chad

        Speak Spanish pretty well from 25 years of
        construction supervision in SoCal...?Pero, como se
        dice "piolet"?

        Roberto

        --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > Hi Steve, cost seems to be the issue. The gold
        > plated tour is about $1,000 ex Mexico City . If you
        > do buses and hire local guides I am guessing about
        > $400 ex Mexico city . I am getting more info. Tom
        >
        > Steve Thaw <steven_thaw@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        > HI TOM,
        > MAYBE.
        > THE APPROXIMATE COST?
        > STEVE
        >
        > Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:
        > My son and I are looking at Pico de Orizaba
        > ( Citlaltépetl , Mexico , 18,490') the second week in
        > January, should anyone else be interested.. .
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places
        > on Yahoo! Travel.
        >

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a
        > reality with Yahoo! Autos.

        > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers
        > from someone who knows.
        > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.
      • rob smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
          Yeah...the altitude can certainly be an issue.
          Acclimatization will be very important, unless you
          spent Christmas in the Andes!!