I was being "funny" AND serious AND possibly wrong . . . RE: CMG: Re: Half Dome in December? Cables route

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011
      Adam,

      Always reading posts here and there about absolute (not to say you fall into that category)  amateurs wanting advice on doing seemingly stupid things. I've even had the experience of meeting these people and having to say, "no, ain't doin' that"  . . . or they come prepared to do something with totally inadequate gear, or they have no idea how to do something in which they should have experience . . . like I wanna go from climbing TR routes in the gym to, oh, leading a route somewhere on El Capitan . . . or maybe up the backside of HD in the winter . . . (or they guy who asked if he would need warm bag; we were doing a winter climb of Shasta)

      And then of course, I could be totally wrong and it's been done a zillion times by pros and beginners alike . . . My response was purely by way of your (as I recall) lack of  stated experience,  so if you and your buds have the experience and the balls, then get to it and good luck.

      Ever hear the joke, something like this . . . What's the last thing a Southern boy says . . . "hey y'all, watch this"

      Bob