Fw: Summit Reminder and Agenda

  • Tom Cronin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2011

      From: Joe Sambataro <joe@...>;
      To: Joe Sambataro <joe@...>;
      Subject: Summit Reminder and Agenda
      Sent: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 9:55:15 PM

      [Apologies if you received a similar email in duplicate – we want to make sure we don’t miss anyone]

      Affiliate Network, RCs, and Climbing Advocates:

      We are less than a month away from the National Access and Stewardship Summit September 30th – October 2nd. If you haven’t RSVP’d yet, RSVPs are required and due by September 22nd to make sure we have enough materials, food, and space for everyone. RSVP at www.accessfund.org/summit2011.  Remember, it’s free to attend! If you travelling from afar, book your travel accommodations as soon as possible.

      Attached is an updated agenda of the Summit. It includes additional info on workshops, presenters, driving directions, and accommodation info. There will be 17 workshops to choose from, hands-on trail work training at Golden Cliffs, a taco truck, and much more.

      Please share this email with other volunteers and board members in your LCO. Also attached is a flyer to share with your climbing friends or post at local gyms.

      Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodations but we are here to help. This year, we were lucky to award travel scholarships to 14 volunteers thanks to additional support from CLIF Bar. This application process is now closed but we hope to incorporate this again in future summits. The Access Fund also rented a house in Golden and Boulder that will cost attendees approximately $30/night for Friday and Saturday night. There are a couple openings still – shoot us an email if you are interested. If you are local to the Front Range and have space for an attendee September 30-October 2, let us know if you are willing to host a climber.

      This summit would not be possible without all of our presenters, panelists, volunteers, regional coordinators, and affiliate climbing organizations. We also would like to thank CLIF Bar as the leading sponsor and Colorado Mountain Club for donated the conference space. Hope to see you there!

      Enjoy your Labor Day weekend,

      Joe Sambataro
      Access Director | The Access Fund
      Tel: 303-545-6772x112

      RSVP for the 2011 National Access & Stewardship Summit today!
      Join us in Golden, CO on September 30th- October 2nd for 3 days of workshops, field trips, and activities on stewardship & education, local support & mobilization, policy, and land conservation.