Anchor clinic July 17th

  • rimfounder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      There is still a couple spots left in our anchor clinic and gear placement course at Mount Saint Helena.

      Date: Sunday July 17, 2011
      Cost: $75 per person

      This hands-on course is a comprehensive next step for the gym climber, boulder, or even sport and outdoor climber who would like to learn more about placing protection, setting anchors for top rope climbing and belay stations. By the end of the day we will have gone over how to build bomb proof anchors, how to escape the belay as well as several safety and rescue techniques and rescue systems. There is a ton of trick knots and skills taught throughout the day, so I would advise bringing a note book and pen. All of the protection is provided.

      Please join us for a full day of climbing and instruction. Classes last from around 10am to 4pm. Bring layered loose fitting clothing, food and water. Bring a pack to carry your food and gear for the hike into the climbing area.

      Contact Harrison Hood for additional information and to sign up at: harrisonhood@...