Re: CMC: Pico de Orizaba (Citlaltépetl)

  • sbc main
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2007
      I was scheduled for a climb of Orizaba last January with RMI (Raineer Mountaineering), bought my plane ticket for about $565, round trip from Fresno. All packed. Unfortunately I was unable to leave. Have you been there yet? Fluent in Spanish? Researched guides? Prior international climbs?

      chad, in Hanford

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2007
        Hi Chad, I am just starting to research the trip.  Haven't been there, little to no Spanish, hiked internationally.  Tom

        sbc main <cchadk@...> wrote:
        I was scheduled for a climb of Orizaba last January with RMI (Raineer Mountaineering) , bought my plane ticket for about $565, round trip from Fresno. All packed. Unfortunately I was unable to leave. Have you been there yet? Fluent in Spanish? Researched guides? Prior international climbs?

        chad, in Hanford

        My son and I are looking at Pico de Orizaba (Citlaltépetl, Mexico, 18,490') the second week in January, should anyone else be interested.. .

        Tom

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

      • sbc main
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2007
          no, no....?Donde este los banos

          I believe glacier travel with team and self arrest skills would be necessay. The altitude could be an issue.
          Altough I have not climbed with any of you all, I would be interested if an exact time period in January were arranged.

          chad
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007

            Let me throw my hat in the ring that I am also interested in the climb.  I have done some glacier climbing on Mt. Rainier (Emmons route) & Mt. Baker

             ( Easton route).

            -Robert

            I believe glacier travel with team and self arrest skills would be necessay. The altitude could be an issue.

            Altough I have not climbed with any of you all, I would be interested if an exact time period in January were arranged.

            chad

            Speak Spanish pretty well from 25 years of
            construction supervision in SoCal...?Pero, como se
            dice "piolet"?

            Roberto

            --- Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:

            > Hi Steve, cost seems to be the issue. The gold
            > plated tour is about $1,000 ex Mexico City . If you
            > do buses and hire local guides I am guessing about
            > $400 ex Mexico city . I am getting more info. Tom
            >
            > Steve Thaw <steven_thaw@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            > HI TOM,
            > MAYBE.
            > THE APPROXIMATE COST?
            > STEVE
            >
            > Tom Cronin <tombcronin@yahoo. com> wrote:
            > My son and I are looking at Pico de Orizaba
            > ( Citlaltépetl , Mexico , 18,490') the second week in
            > January, should anyone else be interested.. .
            >
            > Tom
            >
            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places
            > on Yahoo! Travel.
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a
            > reality with Yahoo! Autos.

            > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers
            > from someone who knows.
            > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.
          • rob smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
              Yeah...the altitude can certainly be an issue.
              Acclimatization will be very important, unless you
              spent Christmas in the Andes!!