Climb Mt. Rainier in July

  • Marek D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2011
      I'm looking for buddies who would like to climb Rainier in July. I have 11 days off (from Friday to Monday) which I want to spend on mountaineering.  My ideal routes would be Kautz Glacier and Liberty Ridge. However, if you are not that confident we might skip Liberty and do Kautz twice or something else instead. (We could climb Adams Glacier on Mt Adams.) Also to break a long drive we might day-hike Mt. McLoughlin and/or Mt. Shasta.

      If you have limited or no experience climbing steeper (icy) slopes or traversing glaciers, we can go to Shasta (e.g. Whitney Glacier) to practice those skills prior to the Rainier trip.

      I'll make a trip-report-video to commemorate our escapade.

      If this sounds interesting to you, let me know.