Re: CMG: Snowcamping free clinics and annual training series

  • emilie cortes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2010
      Hello all!  Apologies for cluttering your mailboxes, but we have had a date change at the Sports Basement Bryant Store and that Snowcamping Essentials clinic will now be on 11/23.  Wanted to make sure no one shows up on the wrong date if they were planning to go.  Same time, same place.

      On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM, emilie cortes <mountaineerchica@...> wrote:

      Hello all,

      This is my annual public service announcement about the importance of snowcamping as survival skills whether you are a climber, backpacker, skiier/snowboarder.  Additionally, snowcamping can actually be fun.  The annual Sierra Club Snowcamping training series really helped me get a jump start in mountaineering - learning how to stay warm, comfortable, and deal w/the winter elements helped me be able to focus more on my climbing (rather than whether my water bottle froze overnight).

      We hold a series of free informational clinics around the Bay Area on "Snowcamping Essentials" to give people an idea of the basics and also introduce the annual training series. (Note - the REI presentations are REI staff with Sierra Club snowcampers on hand.)  The annual training series includes a one day class and two field trips, all for around $125.  I'm a leader in Group 5 in case you want to sign up for my group.  Lots more info, applications, etc. at www.snowcamping.org or shoot me an email.

      Happy winter!

      -Emilie :-)

      LocationDate
      Sports Basement, Walnut Creek 11/8/10 6:30-8:00pm
      Sports Basement, San Francisco (Presidio) 11/9/10 6:30-8:00pm
      Sports Basement, Sunnyvale 11/10/10 6:30-8:00pm
      Sports Basement, San Francisco (Bryant) 11/16/10 6:30-8:00pm
      REI Berkeley 11/30/10 7:00-8:30pm
      REI Corte Madera 12/1/10 7:00-8:30pm
      REI Mountain View 12/2/10 7:00-8:30pm
      REI San Francisco 12/8/10 7:00-8:30pm