North Side of Mt Shasta in October

  • syrius2010
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2010
      I'm planning to do the north side of Mt Shasta (Hotlum and/or Whitney glacier) in the first half of October (2010). I may live San Francisco between noon and 4pm on Friday and have to be back on Wednesday morning. I was there a couple weeks ago and conditions were good but icy. The plan is to set up the camp at 11,000 on Saturday, and do one route on Sunday and the second one on Monday. If there is still time and energy, do the Avalanche Gulch on Tuesday. This is just the initial plan, reality may be different. I would like to climb Shasta later again before it starts snowing.

      Drop me a line if you would like to join me.

      Cheers