Research subjects needed... (NOT SPAM)

  • scott_a_johnston
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2010
      As some of you know I work for UC. We need WOMEN to participate in a study of driving behavior. You'll get $100 for your time and free gasoline for two weeks. Just go to the link below and fill out the online form.

      Scott

      California Partners for Advanced Transit and Highways (PATH), a research unit at the University of California, Berkeley, is currently seeking Bay Area commuters to volunteer to participate in a two week study on driving behavior.

      We are looking for commuters who:
      • Have a valid California driving license
      • Are 23 to 65 years old
      • Have no DUIs on their driving record
      • Have no moving violations in the last 3 years
      • Are not currently taking any medications that impair your driving ability
      • Normally commute 5 days per week on Bay Area freeways (for at least 30 miles each way) where you may occasionally encounter slow traffic

      This is a study using a prototype traffic alert system that warns drivers when they are approaching a section of freeway that is moving significantly slower than their current speed. This new type of driver awareness system will hopefully take the surprise out of encountering slowed or stopped traffic on the freeway, resulting in fewer panic stops and fewer end-of-queues, rear-end crashes. The two-week study will not interfere with your daily routine, but it does require approximately two hours on a Saturday afternoon at the beginning of the study and two hours on a Saturday morning at the end of the study.

      INCENTIVES & COMPENSATION

      The costs for gasoline for the research vehicle, while in your care, will be provided by the project. Additionally, a $100 stipend will be paid for your participation in the study.

      If interested please visit:

      http://www.networkedtraveler.org/dev/SituationalAwareness

      Then contact the Recruitment Coordinator by e-mail or telephone at your earliest convenience. Up to 20 volunteers are needed.