Rock, Ice & Mountain Club monthly meeting

  • rimfounder
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2010
      Rock Ice & Mountain Club June Meeting: John Dittli

      Location: Round Table Pizza, 2065 Occidental Road, Santa Rosa
      Time & Date: Tuesday, April 6, 7:30 PM (Social hours and free beer for members at 6:30)
      Directions: From Highway 101 at Santa Rosa go west on Highway 12 to Stony Point Road Exit. Go straight from the middle lane at the light onto Occidental Road. The Round Table Pizza is on the right just down the road.

      > Adventurer John Dittli has dedicated his life to exploring and photographing the wildlands of the western landscape. He is an avid climber, having made early ascents in Alaska, Wyoming and Canada, including Mt. Robson's North Face. He was the first climbing ranger in North Cascades National park and an early climbing ranger on Mt. Rainier, allowing him numerous first ascents, alpine ski traverses and ski descents.
      >
      > As member of California's Snow Survey, he has racked up a staggering list of first ascents and descents, including ski traverses of all the named High Sierra divides. John's camera is always ready for those "decisive moments" and he seems able to effortlessly capture the soul of nature.
      >
      > John and his wife Leslie live in the Eastern Sierra along Crooked Creek. He recently completed his first book: "Walk The Sky, Following the John Muir Trail". For more information about John visit his website:
      >
      > www.JohnDittli.com
      >

      > FUTURE SHOWS and TRIPS
      >
      > See RIM on-line calendar at http://rockicemountain.org/calendar.html for up-to-the-minute details and events. Post your own events and check out other local outdoor events, shows, etc.
      >

      > MEMBERSHIP
      >
      > Membership in the Rock Ice and Mountain Club is $20 annually (or $25 for a family membership). Please bring check or cash to the show next week.
      >
      > Membership benefits include organized climbing and mountaineering trip, and miscellaneous coupons (varies over time) from places like Hood Mountain Adventures and Vertex Indoor Climbing Gym. Current members also get a pro-deal with Mountainsmith.
      >
      > The Rock Ice and Mountain Club is the North Bay's premiere climbing and back country club. Founded in 1994, we provide climbing opportunities and networking to the North San Francisco Bay community through frequent outings and monthly gatherings. Our free monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of each month have featured lecture and slide presentations by members and world class climbers like: David Wilson, Glenn Denny, The Benegas Brothers, Tom Cole, R.D. Coran, Jerry Dodrill, Armin Fisher, Hans Florine, Jacqueline Florine, Tom Shore, John Hart, Josh Helling, Bob Hoffman, Kevin Jorgensen, Robert Link, Doug Robinson, Tom McMillan, Chris McNamara, Royal Robbins, Ron Kauk, Chris Jones, Doug Stoup, Corey Rich, Ed Cooper and special events with Conrad Anker, Galen Rowell and Andy Selters.

      Recent shows have included accounts of climbing in Nepal, Tibet, Russia, the Sierra Nevada, Europe and Bhutan. The club organizes trips in Sonoma County, the Cascades, the Sierra, climbing areas like Red Rocks, Smith Rock and Tuolumne Meadows.