Hood Mountain Adventures schedule

  • rimfounder
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2010

      Introduction to outdoor climbing June 5 $65
      This class is an ideal course for beginners and those in need of a
      refresher. the day's end you'll be acquainted with the basics of rock
      climbing, from climbing terminology and safety to knot tying and
      belaying. HMA supplies shoes, harnesses, ropes, etc.

      Anchor Clinic and Gear Placement June 6 $75
      This hands on course is a comprehensive next step for the gym climber, boulderer or even sport and beginning outdoor climber who would like to learn more about placing protection, setting anchors for top rope climbing and belay stations. Also by the end of the day we will have gone over how to make bomb proof anchors, rescue systems, safety and rescue techniques There is a ton off tricks knots and skills taught through out the day, so I advise bringing a note book. All the protection is provided. $75

      Please join us for a full day of climbing and instruction. Classes last from around 10am to 4pm. Bring layered loose fitting clothing, food and water. I will need a check in advance so I know who is coming and to reserve your space. Bring a pack to carry your food and gear for the hike into the climbing area.

      Climbing Mount Hood Oregon June 11-12
      We will head to the top of the lifts June 11 and practice self rescue and set up camp. This will give us a head start the following morning. It is about 12 hours round trip and no steeper than 35 degrees. I will supply rope, tents and cooking equipment as well.

      I will need $350 per person for the 2 day program described above.  A deposit of 50% is needed to reserve your trip. If you or your party have any questions don't hesitate to contact me. Please see my web site for a gear check list http://www.hoodmountainadventures.com/

      Kayaking Napali Coast and Exploring Kauai $950 July 10-14
      Six people needed for this price. Trip is 6 participants max. All transport, food, lodging, kayaks, paddles, PFDs, dry bags, and guide service provided. Please bring your personal gear such as sleeping equipment, pack towel toilet kit snorkel fins, hiking shoes, flip-flops, camera. We are not responsible for any loss.
      Day one:
      Fly to Kauai meet our land operator and head to the north shore where we put in at Ke'e Beach. We organize our stuff in the kayaks and paddle along the most outstanding coast in the world to Kalalau Valley, where we will set up camp for two nights.
      Day two:
      After breakfast, we pack our lunch and explore the Kalalau Valley.one of the more spectacular falls on the North Shore and can only be see by hiking up the valley or by helicopter. After our leisurely hike through paradise we end up back at camp to beach comb, swim snorkel or just relax on the beach while your guides prepare dinner.
      Day three:
      Pack up our gear and paddle south in and out of the many sea caves and geological oddities that makes this coast a world class destination.. Arriving at the Polihale Beach we get back into the vehicles and drive up the Waimea Canyon stopping along the way to enjoy the splendor of the island. We will lodge the next two nights near the stunning 3000 foot overlook of the valley and coast we just visited. Wash up and have dinner.
      Day four:
      Explore the heart of Kauai's rain forest by hiking to Alaka'i Swamp the highest swamp in the world and or to the top of Waipo'o Falls which we saw from a distance on the drive up the hill. We end the day with a feast (traditional Hawaiian luau?)
      Day five:
      Drive through the many quaint Hawaiian villages sightseeing along the way to the airport.

      More trips in the works. Please feel free to contact me for further information.