Tahoe Backcountry

  • Micky Bazydlo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010
      Greetings,

      I am headed up to Tahoe for the first time next weekend with my wife and looking for some recommendations.

      We will spend 2 days resort skiing (Alpine / Northstar / Squaw) and are looking to get in 2 days of backcountry skiing.

      We're staying in Truckee and not in phenomenal shape so a good climb with some intermediate descents would be ideal.

      Any input on avalanche conditions would be also great.

      Right now we have reservations at the Best Western in Truckee with another couple but if you have any better recommendations around the same price please let me know.

      Cheers!
      Micky