Sport Climbing Instruction, 10/23/2009, 12:00 am

  • CMG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2009
      Reminder from: CMG Yahoo! Group

      Title: Sport Climbing Instruction

      Date: Friday October 23, 2009
      Time: All Day
      Location: East Side
      Notes: Please join Hood Mountain Adventures for:

      Oct 23-25 for a climbing extravaganza. We will be setting up different levels of
      routes which will provide a greater opportunity for folks to familiarize
      themselves with the wonders of sport climbing. Friday we will carpool and set up
      camp. Saturday we will climb all day. And on Sunday we will climb in the morning
      and then head home.

      This is a perfect way to start your leading carrier. Our fun camp out at the
      Eastside's best sport climbing area will get you on the sharp end of the rope.
      Learn to clip and climb the safe and perfered way while expanding your climbing
      performance and experience.

      For $190 HMA will provide the ropes, hardware, expertise and the kitchen. We
      will organize the pot luck and ride shares as participants confirm their
      availability. You will need to provide your personal climbing gear for this
      event.

      November 8 Anchor clinic
      This hands on course is a comprehensive next step for the gym climber, boulderer
      or even sport and beginning outdoor climber who would like to learn more about
      placing protection, setting anchors for top rope climbing and belay stations.
      Also by the end of the day we will have gone over how to make bomb proof
      anchors, rescue systems, safety and rescue techniques There is a ton off tricks
      knots and skills taught through out the day, so I advise bringing a note book.
      All the protection is provided. $75

      To confirm and reserve your space send a check to:
      Harrison Hood
      Hood Mountain Adventures
      622 White Cottage North
      Angwin CA 94508