Fw: JMT Trail- 1st week of August

  • Steve Thaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2009
      Please contact Yehuda if interested.

      --- On Tue, 6/30/09, Yehuda Ben-David <ybendavid@...> wrote:

      From: Yehuda Ben-David <ybendavid@...>
      Subject: JMT Trail- 1st week of August
      To: steven_thaw@...
      Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 8:42 PM

      Hi Steve, I’ planning to join a small group of friends on their last leg of the JMT, going south. The trip ends on Friday 8/7/09.

      1st choice is to drive down on Sunday 8/2/09 & head out from Oak Creek trail, hopefully by 3:00 P.M.  Towards Baxter pass. This location is just few mills north of Independence & Onion Valley Rd. Starting elevation point is 6000’ going along the Creek for about two-three hours max & camp for the night @ about 8500’. The next days 8/3/09 we’ll cross over Baxter pass 12200’ & go down to Rae lakes & meet with group. Food drop for the group is arranged @ Charlotte Lake the next day 8/4/09, so all we have to carry is two day food supply. After Rae lakes we are going with the group itinerary until the end of the trip @ Whitney portal. . A shuttle bus is already arranged from Whitney portal.

      2nd choice is a shorter one to drive in on Sunday 8/2/09 to Onion Valley & camp there for the night 9300’. The next 8/3/09 to head out @ Charlotte Lake & meet the group the next day @ charlotte lake & hike with the group to center basin, either @ Vidette Meadow for launch, or @ Center basin Trail Junction & the end of the day.

      3ed option is to leave town on Monday 8/3/ 09 to Onion Valley & camp there for the night 9300’. The next day to hike out & meet the group @ vidette meadow & continue in the afternoon to Center Basin night camp.

      Well, here are the options. Please see if there is any interest in joining me on this Little adventure. Best regards, Yehuda

      Yehuda Ben-David

      New Spring Real Estate, Inc.

      510-530-8900

      E-mail: yehuda@...