Pinnacles Rockpile Rendezvous, 4/4/2009, 10:00 am
Reminder from: CMG Yahoo! Group Title: Pinnacles Rockpile Rendezvous Date: Saturday April 4, 2009 Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Location: Pinnacles National Monument Notes: Pinnacles Rockpile Rendezvous
Day: Sat, Apr 4th, 2009
Time: 10AM to 3PM
Place: East Side, Moses Springs Parking Area
Join Friends of Pinnacles and the Pinnacles Park Service for the second annual celebration of climbing and climbing history at Pinnacles National Monument.
Unofficial festivities begin on Friday evening, April 3rd. Share stories and conversation with FOP, Mountain Tools and Park rangers over a warm campfire at the Pinnacles Campgrounds. You can get information and reserve a site at the recreation.gov
<http://www.recreati on.gov/camping/ Pinnacles_ Campground_ Ca/r/campgroundD etails.do? contractCode= NRSO&parkId= 73984&topTabInde x=CampingSpot>
site or call the Park at (877) 444-6777.
Official festivities begin at 10AM on the 4th at the "Upper Parking Lot" or Moses Springs lot. Activities include:
* Both Friends of Pinnacles and Mountain Tools will have historical exhibits along with other climbing paraphernalia
* Meet guidebook author Brad Young
* Meet and talk with noted Pinnacles climbers
* Hear about how your favorite routes were established
* Ask the experts for information about new routes in the Park, putting up your own routes, or (heaven forbid) ask for crux beta on that climb that's been pitching you for years
* Climbing demos from Naturalists at Large
* Re-bolting demonstrations from FOP at Discovery Wall
* Search and Rescue Demos
* Park representatives will be on hand to answer your questions
* All the latest information regarding Raptor Monitoring
Festivities in the Moses Springs Lot officially end at 3:00 PM. If enough people are interested an informal gathering will be held that evening with additional climbing presentations along with a Q&A.
National Park info on event:
Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
Edit reminder options