Volunteer opportunity for Coburn Place

  • ombili9
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2005
      Thanks to Laura Espinoza, CIRPCA webgroup member, for passing on
      this opportunity! Let me, Debbie (ombili9@...), know if any of
      you take this opportunity.

      Coburn Place has an exciting volunteer opportunity in September that
      will raise exposure and funds for domestic violence, and I wanted to
      be sure to invite all of you.
      The 2005 Women's Solheim Cup, a golf tournament, will take place at
      Crooked Stick Country Club in Carmel, September 6-11. (It has been
      sold out since last December, if that tells you anything.) I am
      recruiting 66 volunteers (or filling 66 shifts) for that Tuesday
      through Sunday to staff a concession tent. Each volunteer will
      receive a coupon for a meal, free parking, and can also watch the
      tournament before or after his or her shift.
      Of course my biggest challenge for the Solheim Cup will be to fill
      the shifts that are on Tuesday to Friday, since most people want to
      work weekends. The shifts are six hours, and they start at 7, 9 or
      11 am and go until 1, 3 or 5 pm. Even if you personally would not
      be able to get off work or school, or if you will be back at college
      by then, -- if you have relatives or friends who are avid golfers
      and wanted to get tickets to this event, but couldn't, we would so
      appreciate if you would pass on this information!!
      Please email or call me if you are interested.
      Thank you,
      Laura Henn
      Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator
      Coburn Place Safehaven
      Phone: 317/923-5750
      laura@...