<> Brighten Arizona's Future. Teach.

  • Erin Krapf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013

      “Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.” – Martin Luther King Jr.

      Dear Community Leader,

      Did You Know?

      African-American, Latino/Hispanic, and Native American children are 3x as likely to grow up in low-income areas, typically with the least access to high-quality instruction.

      Be a part of the solution to change this reality.

      In recognition of the upcoming MLK holiday, please share the Arizona Teaching Fellows program with others who have the potential to become exceptional educators in high-needs classrooms.  Arizona Teaching Fellows is a program of TNTP (www.tntp.org) a national nonprofit committed to ending the injustice of educational inequality.  The Teaching Fellows program recruits, selects, trains, and certifies talented career changers and achievement oriented recent college graduates to teach in high needs schools in the urban districts of Phoenix, Arizona - the tribal communities of Page, Holbrook, and Sanders Arizona - and the southwest border schools of Yuma, Arizona.

      Here’s how:

      1.      Forward this email to your program’s alumni, volunteers, and community partners throughout your network.  Many outstanding applications come directly from referrals.  A personal recommendation from you to others with a passion for community change might be all the encouragement someone needs to apply.  Additionally, TNTP is hosting online webinars for those interested in learning more about the Teaching Fellows program.  Please share the event details:  Wednesday, January 23 from 1-2pm Eastern https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/170424753 AND Thursday, January 24 from 8-9pm Eastern https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/524017473.

      2.      Connect with us on social media. We’re on facebook and twitter we regularly add posts about our Fellows and the work we’re doing to close the achievement gap. A simple share or retweet can go a long way in creating interest in our work.

      3.      Do you know someone who would make a great Teaching Fellow?  Send us your referral of three potential Fellows today!

      Please respond directly to this email to let us know how you’ll help.  Thank you in advance for taking a few minutes to support Arizona Teaching Fellows and help us deliver on the promise of quality education for all children!

      Sincerely,

      Erin Krapf

      Senior Program Operations Manager

      Arizona Teaching Fellows

      TNTP

      (602) 663-8524 | erin.krapf@... | tntp.org

      How can we keep our best teachers? The Irreplaceables

      facebooklinkedintwitter