<> Share Opportunity to Teach.

  • Erin Krapf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013

      “Poverty and crime are connected to a lack of educational achievement…“ O'dell M. Owen, Hamilton County Coroner (Cincinnati Enquirer, July 2010)

      Dear Community Leader,

      I hope you’re doing well. I am reaching out today because Arizona Teaching Fellows (www.arizonateachingfellows.org) is cultivating community nonprofit partners with a shared mission to close the achievement gap for our nation’s school children. Our fellowship application deadline is January 28 and we need your help to find people who are interested in training to become outstanding teachers.

      Did You Know?

      ·         Nearly 30% of Arizona high school students do not graduate from high school.  Of those that do, less than half are eligible for admission to Arizona universities. Teachers, who have a greater impact on student learning than any other school factor, have the power to change their chances.

      ·         African-American, Latino/Hispanic, and Native American children are 3x as likely to grow up in low-income areas, typically with the least access to high-quality instruction.

      ·         Nationally, Arizona ranks 44th out of 51 states (including the District of Columbia) in overall educational outcomes for students.

      Be a part of the solution to change this reality. Arizona students need a brighter future!

      Arizona Teaching Fellows is a program of TNTP (www.tntp.org) a national nonprofit committed to ending the injustice of educational inequality. Founded by teachers in 1997, TNTP works with schools, districts and states to provide excellent teachers to the students who need them most and advance policies and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom.  The Teaching Fellows program recruits, trains, and selects outstanding individuals to teach in high needs schools throughout our state and I’m sure you personally know people who have the potential to become exceptional educators.  We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to put their knowledge and experience to work in the urban districts of Phoenix, Arizona - the tribal communities of Page, Holbrook, and Sanders Arizona - and the southwest border schools of Yuma, Arizona.

      Here are three of the easiest ways you can help promote the January 28 application deadline for Arizona Teaching Fellows:

      1. Forward this email to your program’s alumni, volunteers, and community partners throughout your network.  Many outstanding applications come directly from referrals.  A personal recommendation from you to others with a passion for community change might be all the encouragement someone needs to apply.  Additionally, TNTP is hosting online webinars for those interested in learning more about the Teaching Fellows program.  Please share the event details:  Wednesday, January 23 from 1-2pm Eastern https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/170424753 AND Thursday, January 24 from 8-9pm Eastern https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/524017473.
      2. Connect with us on social media. We’re on facebook and twitter we regularly add posts about our Fellows and the work we’re doing to close the achievement gap. A simple share or retweet can go a long way in creating interest in our work.
      3. Do you know someone who would make a great Teaching Fellow?  Send us your referral of three potential Fellows today!

      Please respond directly to this email to let us know how you’ll help.  Thank you in advance for taking a few minutes to support Arizona Teaching Fellows and help us deliver on the promise of quality education for all children!

      Erin Krapf

      Senior Program Operations Manager

      Arizona Teaching Fellows

      (602) 663-8524 | erin.krapf@... | tntp.org

      How can we keep our best teachers? The Irreplaceables