Garlic mustard pull at Southeastway Park Apr. 21

  • Stephanie Schuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2012
      Hey everyone, I posted this to facebook, but can't remember if I sent it out to the yahoo group....so if you are interested in getting some fresh park air and improving the biological integrity of the natural areas there, let me know!! Here's the info:

      Garlic mustard pull
      Southeastway Park
      http://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DPR/Parks/List/Pages/SoutheastwayPark.aspx
      Saturday, April 21, 12-2pm.

      Garlic mustard is an invasive plant that chokes out the native flora of our forests, lessening the diversity of native plants. The folks at Southeastway Park set this up every year to maintain the integrity of their forest, and could use some help! Please let me know if you are interested by April 18th so that I can let them know how many to expect. Also, let me know if you plan on bringing any children. It's a great way to get some outdoors time and help out a local park as well!

      Stephanie Schuck
      schuck_stephanie@...

      "In the end, we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand what we are taught."
                                                                                           -Baba Dioum, Senegalese conservationist