House Foreign Affairs Committee to 'Mark-Up' Kate Puzey Bill on Wednesday - your support is needed!

  • Casey Frazee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2011
      Greetings,

      This Wednesday, the House Foreign Affairs Committee will conduct a 'mark-up' of House Bill 2337, the Kate Puzey Volunteer Protection Act of 2011. You can help support this bill by contacting your local representatives or representatives on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.  If you have questions about the bill, you can contact Luke Murry in Congressman Poe's office at luke.murry@....

      Please call or email your local representatives and members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and ask them to support this bill!

      Visit our blog for information on whom to contact and what to say.  Taking ten minutes of your time to email your Senator or member of Congress could help make all the difference.  You can also visit our website for a sample email to your representatives.

      Your support of the Kate Puzey Volunteer Protection Act of 2011 will help ensure that Peace Corps Volunteers who become victims of crime will receive vital services and have rights which are currently not guaranteed to survivors!

      It's also important to note that this week is effectively Peace Corps week as we are leading up to the 50th anniversary of the Corps.  Let's make the 50th anniversary the year that legislation is passed to support whistle blowers and victims of crime!

      Peace,
      Casey and the board of First Response Action

      --
      First Response Action Coalition
      www.firstresponseaction.org