Peace Corps Awareness night at Victory Field July 5th

  • Stephanie Schuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2011
      Hey everyone,

      Have you been to an Indianapolis Indians game yet this summer? It is Peace Corps Awareness Night at Victory Field this Tuesday, July 5th, so come celebrate the holiday and Peace Corps 50th anniversary! There will be representatives from the Chicago office there, and there is rumor of an RPCV throwing the ceremonial first pitch. Victory Field is a great place for families and friends to get together, and what better reason to attend a game than to celebrate Peace Corps service! Game is at 7pm, and according to the Indians website it is a 2 for 1 day - there is a coupon that can be found in the Sunday Indianapolis Star. See their website for all the game info. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t484

      The community service event that I emailed about previously will be occurring as well at the Wheeler Ministries during the day, and RPCVs are also assisting with the Kappa Convention on July 5-10th. If you are interested in helping out, you can still assist with the Kappa Convention. Let me know if you are interested and can give you more info.

      Have a great and safe holiday weekend, and hope to see you at the game on the 5th!

      Stephanie

      "In the end, we will conserve only what we love.  We will love only what we understand.  We will understand what we are taught."
                                                                                           -Baba Dioum, Senegalese conservationist