Legislation to be Introduced: The Kate Puzey Peace Corps Safety and Security Act

  • First Response Action
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2011
      Greetings RPCVs!

      First Response Action is thrilled to announce that tomorrow, Thursday June 23rd at 2:15 p.m. EST, Congressman Poe and Senator Isakson will be introducing legislation to support Volunteers who report or experience crime.  The legislation, The Kate Puzey Peace Corps Safety and Security Act, is the product of both Congressman Poe and Senator Isakson working closely with Peace Corps, First Response Action and Kate's Voice.  We are very encouraged by the final product!

      Peace Corps has expressed verbal support for the bill and a press release is anticipated following the press conference on Thursday.

      Please visit the First Response Action blog posting for more information and highlights of the legislation:

      http://firstresponseaction.blogspot.com/2011/06/legislation-to-be-introduced-kate-puzey.html

      We are awaiting details on when the House and Senate members will vote, but your outreach as an RPCV group is always encouraged!  Please visit the Take Action tab of our website for more information.  You can also visit the Kate's Voice site at www.katesvoice.net or to learn more about First Response Action, visit www.firstresponseaction.org or http://firstresponseaction.blogspot.com

      Best,
      Casey

      On behalf of the board of First Response Action

      --
      First Response Action Coalition
      www.firstresponseaction.org
      http://firstresponseaction.blogspot.com
      Join First Response Action on Facebook
      Take the survey on your experiences during sexual assault training