Sarah's Peace Corps Project

  • Sarah R Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 1:19 PM
    Dear Friends, Family, and Peace Corps Community of Indiana,

    Good afternoon, I hope you are all doing well! If you could take just a minute out of your busy day to read this, I would appreciate it so much.

    I wanted to thank you all for the support you've given me as a Peace Corps Volunteer, whether it has been through your friendship, donations to my project, reading my blog, or just your thoughts and prayers. I have only 6 short months left, but so much still to do. As many of you know, I'm fundraising to develop a recreational area for the youth in my community. We are going to build bleachers for our basketball court, landscape, install flood lights (since we have random, few hours of electricity each day), repaint our basketball court and community center, and a few other things. For those that have donated, thank you SO much, and if you know of ANYONE else who would be willing to contribute, please forward them the info about my project (talk to parents, schools, church groups, etc.) For those that have yet to donate, you can make a tax-deductible contribution at the following link: https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=517-418

    If I don't raise the full amount of my original set goal of $4993, I will receive no funds; it's all or nothing. Your contributions will make a direct, lasting impact on my community and the work we are trying to do here. Thank you for any help you can offer.

    Peace,
    Sarah

    ps. I've included a couple pictures of the project site. Once the project is finished and we hold a basketball tournament, I will post pictures on Facebook and my blog.