Current PCV from Indiana: Peace Corps Partnership

  • ombili9
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2011
      Good evening,

      A current Indiana Peace Corps Volunteer serving in the Ukraine has a partnership project that she's requesting funding for. Information about her and the project is below for your review. More details about the project and community contribution can be found on the website below.

      If you are able to contribute, please make a donation (any size) at: https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=343-210

      $2570 is still needed to fully fund the project.

      My name is Alexandra Collins, and I am a Purdue graduate and Peace Corps Volunteer currently serving in Kirovograd, Ukraine.  I teach English and Country Studies at the Kirovograd Socio-Pedagogical Academy, an institute specializing in the training of future English teachers.  The school is currently working to remodel and repair the largest room in the building.  Our goal is to turn this space into a professional conference room.  My school frequently holds academic conferences and seminars, and there is hardly enough seating and insufficient equipment to have effective meetings.  I am planning on having conferences on environmental issues (mainly on the subject of water quality), and human trafficking in the spring, so improving this conference room would be a necessary step in the process.

      In addition, my school's Student Parliament would finally have an adequate place to hold their meetings, as well as a place for the students to meet for their after school English speaking and movie clubs.