Funding opportunity question

  • Alexandra Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2010

      To Whom It May Concern:

                  I was not sure how I should write to your organization, so please excuse me if this is not the correct way to do so.  My name is Alexandra Collins, and I am a Purdue graduate and Peace Corps Volunteer currently serving in Kirovograd, Ukraine.  I teach English and Country Studies at the Kirovograd Socio-Pedagogical Academy, an institute specializing in the training of future English teachers.  My school and I are currently working on a Partnership Grant Application to remodel and repair the largest room in the building.  Our goal is to turn this space into a professional conference room.  My school frequently holds academic conferences and seminars, and there is hardly enough seating and insufficient equipment to have effective meetings.  I am planning on having conferences on environmental issues (mainly on the subject of water quality), and human trafficking in the spring, so improving this conference room would be a necessary step in the process.

      In addition, my school’s Student Parliament would finally have an adequate place to hold their meetings, as well as a place for the students to meet for their after school English speaking and movie clubs.  We will be asking for $2200 to fully fund our project.  My school is contributing approximately $1000 in the form of a new conference table, adequate seating, and labor costs.  I have almost completed my Partnership Grant Application, and I was wondering if I could put your group down as a contact on the form.  This means, as I am sure you already know, that you will receive a copy of my grant proposal in full.

      Then, you and the rest of the group can decide if my project is something to which you would like to contribute.  Please let me know, and if you agree, I will just need the name of a contact person within your organization, as well as an address to add to my Partnership form.  I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.  Thank you for your time.

                                                      Sincerely,

                                                           Alexandra Collins